Brake caliper piston seized

Mr Dulux WRX

Ouch funny enough not long done one. You might get lucky take the break fluid cap off so pressure can go back a little and prise it back with something or  take the bleed nipple <(I like that word) ;)  off and the break fluid cap and get something you can pull back on it to pull it back in same as what I said before. After that only other way is to take it apart.

Right not a Subaru break calliper but shows you the other way to repair it, can get a piston kit on eBay.

All I can say took me along time with lots of moaning to put it mildly :D

No prob's mate. Some of the other guys might know some better tricks. And I hope it all goes well for you it did my head in I tell you :)

But if you get stuck mate feel free to ask :)

Oh and how rude of me. Welcome to S.O.C ;)

And be great if you get chance to share some pictures we love pictures

No I got lucky but believe its a matter of time before it does it again, but I did clean it all up and use some lubricant to help it move so who knows waiting game now I guess :)  

But this is what I was on about

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Impreza-Turbo-WRX-01-on-4-Pot-Caliper-Seal-Kit-x2-/280688032764?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415a4f7bfc

But would always try the free way 1st :)

Had the same problem and had to replace both front callipers but if you have the 4 pot calipers at the front I know of a little trick to push them back in no matter how stuck thay are . The jack that comes with the car is the perfect size to go into the space between the piston s and slowly wind it out it will defo push your stuck pistons back in

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion Kevin I've had to take the calliper off I've got a friend that works for audi he is going to take it to work and get a compressor on it to push the pistons out I've got new seals coming one its done

Thanks for the suggestion Kevin I've had to take the calliper off I've got a friend that works for audi he is going to take it to work and get a compressor on it to push the pistons out I've got new seals coming one its done

I liked you right up until you said you have a friend that works for Audi ;) Haha ( Just kidding long standing hate towards them)

Sounds like you have that done and out the way any other mods planned. And from your profile pic car looks great