Alarm System

bessie

I am trying to find out how to stop the alarm sounding when I lock the car and leave the windows open slightly to reduce the heat inside in the hot weather. The owner's manual doesn't seem to mention it at all. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Keith.

• Like 1

There good alarms I'm factory alarmed :D 

Ok will check when I get chance mate had a long drive yesterday. And I'm feeling it, just about take dog for a walk then I will have a look if I remember but if not. Feel free to shout at me tomorrow to refresh my spud like head :D

By factory fitted I'm assuming it's the sigma m30?

Is there a keypad somewhere in the car? Usually in the coin tray or glove boxif so tgthen it is the sigma m30,here is the site for the codes you can enter into it

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/Knowledge/SigmaM30AlarmHiddenFeatures

Hope that helps bud

• Like 1

Thanks for the info and the link. Miggs, I printed off the docs and the answer I was looking for is there. The car has a keypad in the coin tray between the steering wheel and the driver's door. Now I can go and play! ;)

• Like 1

no worries pal, glad to be of help, i found the chirp on my sigma was the best feature, it meant i didn't have to look at the car when locking it, Dogma has activated the chirp on his too, my current car is not a sigma and doesn't have a chirp, i really want a new alarm

• 3 weeks later...

hello again all, I was looking to do the same with my m30 sigma alarm, I have the owners manual with the codes etc in it but don't have the access code to get to change the codes and settings. is there an override for this code or do I now have to take it to Subaru for them to reprogram the alarm to a code I sudgest which is what they say and want £150 to do :-(

there is no owners code written in the book !

any help here would be great or do it have to leave the alarm as it is cos im not paying Subaru £150 to do it.

cheers

• 5 months later...

hello again all, I was looking to do the same with my m30 sigma alarm, I have the owners manual with the codes etc in it but don't have the access code to get to change the codes and settings. is there an override for this code or do I now have to take it to Subaru for them to reprogram the alarm to a code I sudgest which is what they say and want £150 to do :-(

there is no owners code written in the book !

any help here would be great or do it have to leave the alarm as it is cos im not paying Subaru £150 to do it.

cheers

Only way I know mate is to get Subaru to get the code for you :(

No need to pay Subaru dealer or anyone to resolve this on the m30 alarm.

As long as you have a working remote you can input a new pin code even if current pin is not known.

Have done a few of these for customers & normally for free.

Instructions are below, please follow correctly & make sure you input digits on the keypad so you see red LED flash one time for each press, if you are too slow you will see the red LED flash multiple times & will need restart from scratch.

Once done correctly the alarm will chirp to confirm process complete, test you chosen 4 pin code for arming & disarming of the alarm then have a cup of tea, make a secure note of your current new PIN & say thanks ...

Enter new PIN on M30 alarm (1 working alarm fob needed)

- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.

- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)

- Arm the system with the Radio Key

- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

Notes on using keypad:

- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.

- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.

- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

hello everybody

after having  immobilizer issues  with my sigma  alarm and finding out it was not the batteries in the fobs a friend recommended to pay some body to have it riped out as the car has failed to disengage the immobilizer 3 times in 1 month, instead  i decided to google it and found the guide above,however my no 2 button does not flash and no2 is needed to change the pin and its also used in my current pin, after a quick look through cars  history i found the previous owner tel no and he also confirmed  he too could not get the pin to work and the car immobilizer used to do it too him too due to other signals like a mobile phone resulting in him getting toed ,my question is is there a way to fix the no2 button on the keypad or can i simply purchase another keypad any suggestions will be much appreciated as my kids are in the car alot but thankfully it has not happed yet with them init.

thanks for reading this

.Ben

Seems you got issues with immobilizer circuits I would remove or if you want play about yourself & save a few £ try find another one from a breakers which has one fob still with it, take the main brain & keypad & then use instructions above to reprogram.

I done a few that way but sometimes it a pain to find one.

thanks for the response yeh i think i will have a go at doing it my self is the keypad and the matching fob all that will be needed  to change over mate? also the last time it happend had my dad toe the car 2 Min  down the rd and it started right up like the problem had never been there at all,there was a BT tower bout 100 yards away do you think that could of been the cause or would it be the circuit  thanks

Does sound like was radio interference.

If just want get keypad working you just need pick up another keypad

If want try new alarm ecu then need keyfob to program yourself easily.

Sounds like you have the old non revised m30 alarm ecu, they did replace them under warranty, would be worth you looking for a later revised alarm ecu too but just getting keypad done first if can't find good alarm ecu/keyfob pair would be good & keep you out of trouble.

on mine you press the button on the key with the ignition still on then remove key get out and lock and the indicators flash 8 times, doors are then alarmed but the internal beams arent