Doom 4

• 7 months later...

I reckon it's gonna be great... back to the old style of shooters, can hold 500kg worth of guns and ammo and can still run, magically regain health by picking up a medikit and over the top gratuitous violence!! The melee attacks that he does looks like it's straight out of Serious Sam BFE. I can't wait... i've pre-ordered on Amazon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The closed beta was for multiplayer only which was a bit meh... I would've much preferred it if it was more like Quake or Unreal tournament. Instead they've made it like CoD, you have a loadout and perks n stuff. I immediately started off with a rocket launcher and a double barrelled shotgun! Would much rather start with a pistol and then it's a mad dash to find better weapons! 

Game runs really well and looks great, I'm buying it for the single player anyway!

That's what I was worried about with a reboot I know the original is dated now so was always going to be changed but COD style :dry: don't like the sound of it. But if I get chance to play it for single player I will.

• 1 month later...

Played the first level today... cracking game!! Fast paced, fluid action, no reloads, gory as hell, amazing graphics... just so good! Multiplayer is pretty generic but I bought the game for the solo campaign