Hello

DaiP

Hi, I've just returned to Subaru ownership after making the mistake of selling my much loved Impreza turbo that I'd owned for 10 years a couple of years ago and regretted selling it ever since. After recently trying to track down my old car and discovering its probably been written off, I decided to have a look at the new WRX STI at my local Subaru dealership. Just a week after having a test drive, I signed on the dotted line and discovered I enjoy driving again even if it's costing a small fortune in fuel.

• Like 1

Hi mate welcome back to Subaru ownership and to S.O.C 

We had a guy try tracking down and old car before to find it had been written off :( even managed to get pictures of it if I can find the thread I will let you see. Cruel world really I did feel for him I could see it meant a lot as he didn't want to sell it at the time but was forced too. And later on after a few years found himself back on his feet and wanted it back even if it needed repair, but was completely written off :(  Anyway less of the depressing story's it's not Monday ;) 

Have a few members on here with the lovely new STI had a member return his to get his RS back recently too :( just said it didn't feel like the right car for him, Not sure why I've not had a Mk2.5 RS but did drive the Mk1.5 RS and compared to my scoob not close in the way it feels for me, but each to their own I won't judge :) Anyway feel free to jump in on the forum good bunch on here, all friendly and don't mind a bit of banter :) 

Thanks for the welcome. I've based my assumption on my old Impreza turbo being written off on the DVLA website. It hasn't been taxed or MOT'd since August 2013 and it has a VIC marker against it. It would be a shame if it has as it was a really nice clean car when I sold it, I was the second owner and I bought it off my father who owned it from new. The reg number is T591 KBO, I sold it to a guy from somewhere near Southampton in 2012. I wouldn't be interested in buying it back now since I bought the WRX but it would be nice to know what's become of it. I'll post some photos of both my old car and the new one when I get chance.

• Like 1