Search for my old Type R! Dark Mica Blue Type R V6 2000 V944 WDA

mike88kennedy

Hi All,

Hi has anyone seen or know of who owns the above car.

I want to track it down and buy it back. Or does anyone know what has happened to it. notworthy.gif

I know i sold it to a company, who then sold it to a guy from the Yorkshire area. from my understanding he has a Evo as well as this.  Thanks for any help or input.

03102008209%2520copy.jpg

• Like 1

Hi mate very nice looking too I can see why you want to buy it back :) Just hope it's still looks that good, good news is it's still on the roads. I can see if Steve will be willing to post something on our Facebook wall for you too if that would be of any help :)

• Like 1

Well this is the thing mate. I dont know if the guy is yanking my chain or not. Had similar responses before about if being scrapped stripped for parts. However he has offered pictures of it smashed... sooo seems a genuine thing to say. So messaged him. 

Now there is only one thing left to do I feel, look for another one.

Well if you get the pictures mate if you don't mind posting them here so can have a look too :( 

And I would have a look in the sales section here seen some lovley Classics been posted in there. If I hadn't had some problem with my motor and coming up for a cambelt and clutch change. I'd have been tempted to have had a couple myself :)  

• Like 2

Shall do pal. Thanks for your help appreciate it. 

I will go and have a look at them now. You must have a spare few quid haha, I am going to have divorce on my hands when I tell the missus whats going on but she usually gets on board after I have got the car haha.

Cheers mate

• Like 2

Hi all here are the pictures from the owner. This happened in 2011. 

The guy that owned got clipped by a truck which span him into a raised man whole which threw him into a tree, The bloke of the hgv didn't stop. 

So as this was 2011 Admiral had the car collected and paid out. So I ran a tax check about a year ago and it was showing needing a VIC (think it is VIC or whatever it is when there has been a claim) check. So I am guessing it is still possibly out on the road. It is not showing as insured though.

Who knows I think it is time to move on.

received_m_mid.1380102841578_06e0fd5ace0received_m_mid.1380102769413_d3fd6f876c41045090_10151887016249609_1791703149_n.jreceived_m_mid.1380103080994_9ebfe3ca893581250_10151887016394609_867499633_n.jpg

Wow that's hard to look at after the 1st pictures. Hope the guy was ok and not to badly hurt. And mate of mine had something like that with Ice coming from the top of the lorry smashed his windscreen as it went round a corner the driver stuck his finger up to my mate and just carried on :( w@nkers. As you said I guess it was repairable and I would say worth it looking at how well it was kept by all it's owners. But I agree might be worth moving on shame really not the ending I would have like to see but at least you know mate :( 

Thats it mate. I think it has hurt my pride more than anything. However, time to pick myself up and move on. Has anyone or do you know where I should ask about people using SAV imports. They happen to have one, I spoke to them a while back about swapping some part from some of there more standard cars like the wheels and suspension. I am all about the standard look and feel. :)

Yeah they have said they would. I don't know however if the price is a little steep. Need to do some looking as I think it is about £1500 over priced. Depending on mileage of course.

I have been in touch with a company called J's Garage in Japan. Spoke to them originally when I bought the above car about getting one. They have found me one which currently is going to be coming in around the 4.5K mark. However has got 96K KPH miles. Looks amazing though.

See how far I can get before the end of the day. :)

just checked it out - does look like a good place to start again - given you have done some research and lined up an alternative you could be in a great position to negotiate.

also wrt the 96k if you want to lavish time and some money on it to bring it up to the previous standard chances are you would replace all of the mileage worn components anyway, bushes, rings etc

Yeah I did think it was on the high price list myself but as you said I didn't know what the mileage is or it's history. But as Jay has said with the other one you could try get the price down. Most of those type's of places will knock a bit off. I know my Brother got his Skyline from a place like that think he only got £500 off though, but he had money burning his pockets at the time I think he would have bought it still if they had added £500 on to it :D

• Like 1

Well this is it mate, long as the bodywork is clean I don't mind replacing all other components to start with. Once other monetary life issues are sorted, I will then have a fantastic starting point to start really going for a complete overhaul. Full strip down. Everything done so it is like brand new. That was the plan with the above.

Shame money issues got in the way. You know I put the above car up for sale because we were skint. So put it up for sale expecting it to be a long hard sale and it sold in 5 days. I dont think I really had enough time to contemplate what had just happened but I can tell you this, 2 months later I didn't need the money anymore. :(

So there is a car here which is clean and one in Japan also.

Do you guys have specific forum for importing cars. I can't seem to see it.

If there is I will start a new thread there and progress the purchase etc as it happens. Here are some pics of the car in Japan I have been put onto today.

box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001+%2box-s-liq62cxeifyuuqetkqhaooy7bm-1001.jp

• Like 1

Wow that looks a stunner too. And if you are going to strip the lot down and fully rebuild I wouldn't worry about mileage :D As you said as long as the interior and exterior is tiptop I would go for the cheaper car ;) 

:( I think when money get's tight people panic which is understandable, you just never know whats around the corner. But I would look forward now and plan what car your are getting got two nice choices, I would get speaking to them both see which is the better deal :D 

And just start a new post here if you like mate we don't have any Import rooms as such. 

Thanks Gambit/Jay. Been great to chat to you both, will update you as things progress. Currently the one in Japan is £3.8K with around $1000 (£850) shipping costs. Then of course it will need collecting and registering.

So thinking another £1500.So about £5.5K give or take, still around £1500 to £2000 cheaper than the one at SVA.

However the hassle involved could be exponential. See what happens, keep your eyes out will be getting a thread sorted when I know which route I am going down. Either way it may involve a drive down to dover potentially. :huh:

• Like 2