loads oil in turbo

steve33

hi ,i recently had an air leak ,and solved problem,but do solve the air probl;en,i had to remove the turbo,upon installibng everythign ,back to how it was,(air leak solved) now i have one HUGE problem,my turbo gets full of oil,(and i mean full),how can this be,as i didnt change anything,just  removed turbo,to get to a problem,but now,as i say ,oil is flooding,turbo/downpipe,any ideas anybosy ,please.

You have an oil supply and return for cooling and lube purposes to the turbo it could be it was on the way out.

Sounds like you need to get the turbo off again and check the bearing and seals.

• Like 1

very little play in bearings,(normal amount) full service history,2nd owner from new) lucky if i do 2000 mile sa year,all was perfect b4 removal,but not checked seals,ile try a second hand turbo,see if thats any diff,and post out come,also,are they easy to refurb,as ile buy a kit ,if there easy ?

thanks for reply.means a lot,when help is needed,so thank you

its a my99,,i found the problem out after i bought a refurb td04 also, when i put the turbo back on,i crimped the return pipe,and kinked it,so it stopped the flow to return,but all sorted now,apart from loads smoke in exhauist now lol,so i bought new back box,wouldnt mind ive got a refurb ivf28 to go,but cant get remap till middle june,i hate cars lol,

i have a few parts for sale soon though,so ile have to look into popping on here,there is uprated top mount intercooler,huge it is,with new y pipe,blue silicone one,and a front mount intercooler kit,full kit,inc brackets /hoses the lot,plus bits and bobs.and a refurb td04 :0)( intercoolers (both) new,never fitted

Thats great to hear - sounds like you have some tasty parts there, I know a few members have mentioned getting uprated parts with a view to mild tuning, a chap from the Netherlands was quite keen, can't remember if he had a classic though ?? :unsure: