Wheel Bearings

James

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with you all in scooby land

I have a quick question and im after some info too

I think my wheel bearings are on their way out. Noticed the usual noise a week ago but the last few days it much more apparent. Sounds very much in the front more than the back (although driving the car from the back seat became difficult lol)

I have a 2001\2002 bugeye wrx which was imported in 2005 but im really not sure if the parts people are listing on websites will fit my car. I know technically all scoobys are imported but does anyone have part numbers, know a good place to get them etc

The sites i have found price them each at between £32 and £50 depending on where you look and im told its "easy enough" to do yourself (we will see when my wheel fall off or something :) )

Can anyone help with this on the buying or fitting front??

Thx guys

On our facebook page Anthony Porter wrote:

You'll need to get it up on a ramp to check which bearing is going.

They're also not that easy to change tbh. Pretty sure you'll need to press them in.

Call into a Subaru dealer and ask them for the part number, alternatively there's a few sites which show Subaru part numbers, such as: http://opposedforces.com/parts/

https://www.facebook.com/SubaruOwners

I had one of mine done about 2 months ago. And yes you do need to have a tool that pushes them into the hub. Only reason I know this, I took it to my mate, who own's a garage and he let's me linger around like a bad smell. So I was watching them change it cost me £130 I think it was. But will need it doing again soon as he told me the Hub was F@@ked :D and could order me one in, but would be with out the car for a few day's. Wich was no good to me at the time so i had him fit it anyway. I think my mate got me the bearing for £30 new so would just ring around some auto shop's or try a main dealer, I rang mine for the hub and bearing £160 for both I didn't think was bad at all for a main dealer

I would also ring some garages up and see what they would charge as I don't think it's a job you could do with out the tools :(