Slow speed manouvering.

Dempsey

Hello all, now only picked the car up yesterday so it is all very new to me indeed but thought if ask this as having never owned a 4wd before it does feel odd to me but if it's normal then it's something I'll get used to.

The car at slow speeds whilst manouvering around (say reversing off driveway on lock into the road or doing a 3 point turn) feels like it's almost fighting itself as your making the movement? I know the shocks all knock slightly at slow speed so not totally sure if that will affect it but just wondering if it's because of it being 4wd that it's the diffs just not completely enjoying it (is it something they all do) or if mine may have an underlying issue?

Hopefully getting the car to have a full once over this coming week but just thought id ask in advance if it's a common trait of this type of car.

Sorry if it's a complete novice question but I've only ever had either fwd or rwd before and the rwd's had a similar feel when had the LSD fitted but other than that I don't have much to compare to.

It's a 52 plate bugeye sti if it makes any difference.

Cheers for any info :)

No it had the belt replaced yesterday before I brought it home.

I dunno how best to describe it, just feels like it doesn't enjoy going at slow speed more reversing and turning very tightly like a 90 degree bend, just feels like it's a little lumpy whilst doing that. The rest of the time it's absolutely spot on but just very tight slow turning it feels like it's almost trying to push on rather than turn? Think that's the best way I can describe really.

Yeah mate, bit of clutch judder is standard, plus on full lock I get some horrible noises on a morning moving off, not sure if the newage gearboxes are any better than classics but mine doesn't like going backwards either haha

Haha, suggests possibly not then lol.

Ah well it's one thing I won't be so concerned about for now then. I will keep an eye on it over the coming time so if gets worse or what not I will hopefully notice it but if they seem to do this then that's fine.

Just another thing to get used to :)