question for blobeye owners mostly

aucky

Hi everyone, when am driving my impreza if I hit the smallest of hole or crack in the road it sounds like my back box scraps on the floor, is this normal do they hit the ground all the time.My car is not lowered and at the moment is running on 19" wheels, I have a set of 17s that am refurbing but if I put them on wont it hit the floor even more.The pipe of the back box runs under the rear axle and for a car made for rallying seams a stupid place to be,if I have anyone in the back of the car then its dont go over 30mph or it scraps?

do you have mudflaps? also could it be the rear arches catching the tyres? Mine makes a scraping sound when I hit certain dips in the road... I have flaps and need the arches rolled a touch as I think they catch a bit... I'm on 18's.

My wheels do catch but they make more of a banging noise thats why am changing to 17s, but this is a scrapping noise n the lowest thing is the exhaust pipe so I'm guessing its that, I'll take a picture of it and put it up.Going by the rest of the bogged mods the last owner did I was wondering if its the wrong back box, maybe for another model or something.

Looks ok? is it a decat, if it is check the downpipe mine used to catch scrape the underneath until i put a sports cat on..

Thanks, I'll av a good inspection tommorow, looking at the pipe I think its only a back box I think the rest is standard. Gf just said sure thi supesions no good seen as brakes n other stuff was shot.it is bad when someones in back vertually undrivable.av to get it on ramps n gi good look over in mornin.
  • Like 1

It's not the driveshaft catching the top of the exhaust ?

I replaced a hanger rubber on my mazda and the new one just brought it into alignment with the shaft where it joins the diff, only ever caught and made a horrible noise when I set off up hill.

How deep pot holes we talking ? Also when you put 19s did you put lower profiles tires ? Your back box looks high enouth so it should not be hitting anything.

Its does it all the time, uneven bumpy road, dips, go over man hole cover, I didnt put the 19s on they were on when I got it they have low profiles on.I gave it a look over today and I think its the wheels not the exhaust.I dont think the ofset right for the car, when I got it I had to replace the front inner splash guards as the wheels had burned threw them with rubbing when on full lock, think I'll pop my 17s on in mornin n see if it stop, if it does I'll have to get my **** in gear n finish refurbin them [emoji2]

Aucky,

What height tires have you got on it? 

I guess if 19" + your tire height is more than 18" + 45cm then that could be the problem.

My tires are 235/35/19 so im about 90% sure its the wheels and tires making the noises.