Help! Engine Running, bonnet up, fancy alarm locks the car

Hadleigh007

Hi,

After a couple of weeks of the impreza waiting patiently (2000 awd turbo  year 1999) I decided to take it for a run. It has a clifford alarm with window closers, seems a great idea however this had flattened the Battery. Jump started it, the alarm kept going off when the jump leads were attached bit it unlocked and and started after a few presses of the alarm fob. However the second I closed the drivers door, the alarm locked the central locking.

So I have 2 questions, 1st what is the best way to shut the engine off, fortunately the bonnet is still up.

2nd how can I get back into the car or is it an AA job.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Well it turns out that a piece of plastic used to create a small gap between the rubber and the glass on the door (front passenger)  (I used a tool for getting behind rubbers for removing door cards), and a friendly neighbour giving instructions to guide you will allow you to slide a metal wire coat hanger between the glass and the rubber, you can then aim the hook to the handle, hook around the lock, pull back slowly and gently but firmly and the door will unlock. Of course normally the car alarm would be going mad all this time, however this time it was sat there quite content with the engine just ticking over waiting for it's run out. Panic over! Key cutting time I think!!! 

Wow what a day you have had :o Well glad to hear you got it sorted mate. And sorry for the late reply I think everyone is taking as much time to enjoy the weather why we have it.

And I agree get another key cut ASAP :D

No worries, gladeveryone is out and about really, you've got to make the most of it while we can. I'll be getting a couple of keys cut I think to keep dotted around just in case. Still what could have been an expensive day worked out ok in the end for a change :) 

No worries, gladeveryone is out and about really, you've got to make the most of it while we can. I'll be getting a couple of keys cut I think to keep dotted around just in case. Still what could have been an expensive day worked out ok in the end for a change :)

#What I like to hear about the money saving :D Not so much about people out enjoying them self's when I'm not... Barh hum bug :D

Must admit I have had two clifford alarms - they have an excellent marketing and advertising dept, I wasn't impressed, flat batteries alarm going off for no reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Which alarm have you got ? My clifford on my mx5 had an anti hijack function which automatically locks the doors after 30 seconds. Right pain for people getting in or out not to mention the 1st time it happened with me outside the car.

If you have the user guide you can turn the feature off :)

Hi,

The alarm came with the car already fitted and there is no user manual with it so unfortunately I don't know which alarm it is, is there a way to tell? It seems to be programmed to lock the doors as soon as they are closed which is a pain, both for such instances and for people getting in and out.

Apart from that, the Check Engine light seems to be staying off now and it's great fun!!!

Thanks

may sound daft but is there a pin number on the back of the remote or spare fob if you have one ? at least if you have that and manage to find out what system you have that's half the battle won !

try giving a lift to someone you don't know that well and the doors automatically lock after they get in, que strange looks and people asking you if your a serial killer/s*x pest  :ph34r:  

may sound daft but is there a pin number on the back of the remote or spare fob if you have one ? at least if you have that and manage to find out what system you have that's half the battle won !

try giving a lift to someone you don't know that well and the doors automatically lock after they get in, que strange looks and people asking you if your a serial killer/s*x pest  :ph34r:  

I like the thinking but you would need this ready on the player