Guys, do the scoobies consume more fuel during winter?

Martin959

Probably a stupid question to be honest... but I have notice that the consumption of my scooby during winter has increased... for no reason to be honest :S

Does someone has the same "problem"? or this is normal? Thanks!

Cheers! :D

I wouldn't have thought it would've made that much difference but in theory the colder air is denser. so if your running with a maf or intake temp sensor it would tell the ecu to add more fuel to equalise the mixture .

I like colder denser air cos it also makes more ponies [emoji41]

• Like 1

Well, the heaters I always have it on during these cold days... but never tough it would consume "more fuel" :P

Yup, in terms of Ponies, yup, I noticed a BIG difference :D but the wet and cold road doesnt let me enjoy them :( hahahaha

Air Con puts more load on the engine so increases fuel consumption. However, when it's really cold the engine will also work harder on more slippery roads because its a 4x4. One thing also to bear in mind is the brakes are tighter and tend to seize up in colder weather because the grease becomes more sticky and this means a brake can bind. I've got a rear doing this which I must sort out soon.

• Like 1

On a serious note the reason you use more fuel is that as mentioned cold air is more dense so the engine will run richer (more fuel delivery) to compensate as well as more electrical load heated screen etc as all mentioned above

• Like 1