2015 sti aftermarket wheels

Not sure how many of you are aware, but the 2015's have TPMS (tyre pressure monitor system) on the wheels. This is a sensor that's on the back of the inflation valve. When you take the car in for tyre swaps make the fitters aware of this because they can smash the sensors if they break the bead in the wrong place.

Also, if you are planning to keep your original wheels then you may need to buy a second set of sensors. They cost £130 from Subaru but a decent tyre shop should be able to get them for about £75.

I'm told that the TPMS 'self learns' any new sensors or wheel swaps (i.e. front to back). I'm yet to verify this but I may test this when I put my winters back on this weekend.

This TPMS is a pain...in the...a...e

My car had all 4 wheels removed for refurbishment prior delivery, as they were scrathced during transportation...since then the orange light is on :(

I wish we can get rid of this...and please DO NOT ANYBODY DARE to say it's a safety feature....ha We have been driving for years without these electronic and no problem. Just check your tyres every month and job done. All these electronics are just money making features :angry:

Try just over inflating them then go out for about 10 miles I had same problem also got second set of wheels and had a second set of TPMS cloned to my car they work perfectly

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I have changed my wheels and light is on as i have no tpms its like you said no real need for it but i will be geting it sorted on my new wheels as i have put Yokohama AD08r tyres on and am planning on going to the ring this year AD08r have metal strip in the side wall of the Tyre to help make them stiff and better on turn in but down side to this is get a low Tyre they are likely to come off the rim :( so tpms can be a good thing some times and in some applications