Idle issues??

Very strange idle issue,it happened one morning and won't go away since then.

Basically when I start the car and ifs idling as normal I hear a click somewhere under the dash near all the relays etc near bonnet release, as soon as it clicks the revs jump up but it's getting more frequent and very very annoying!!

Any ideas anyone???

It's got 3 port and top hose goes to turbo housing, middle to wastegate and bottom to air intake. Then I have from the boost pressure sensor to a t piece with one hose to boost guage and other to top of inlet manifold is that correct? Yep cleaned it out and tried a spare too with still no joy.

Pretty certain my issue is with the idle needle on my clocks not working correctly after all the farting about I've had to do. Seems ok at the moment after changing the clocks but only been on a 10 min drive so I guess time will tell

I should use the "participated thread" tab more often .....

As I answered your vac line question on somebody else's thread [emoji39]

3 port set up seems right to me

When you say pressure sensor do you mean map sensor , atmospheric sensor or pressure to digital converter for the gauge ?

Well I've changed the clocks as the was a burnt out wire on the back but it's not really made any difference to the idling issue. Regarding the pressure sensor I meant the sensor that sits directly above the 3 port. It's weird as I've got the cel keep cropping its head up and also a click which sounds like it's inside the car under steering/dash area, it clicks generally under very low revs as in setting off etc but when It click it seems connected to my idle making it rise to about 2k. It's very bizarre

Yep tried that. I think it's definitely electrical as I've swapped the engine out for a known fully running engine and tried 2 different ecus so I'm presuming that would rule out a sensor issue? It's killing me not knowing the problem. Surely it has to be wiring??

Maybe see if ....

Throttle butterfly is returning properly, check the plug/wiring to the throttle position sensor (black box on the throttle body) , check grey engine loom plugs.

let it idle and spray some electrical cleaner around the vac and boost pipes to see if the idle rises to locate a leak .

If it's not any of those best bet would be a auto electrician preferably with a bit of experience with scoobs

• 3 weeks later...

Right had a bit of a result this weekend, my idling issue is pretty much gone now. Turns out it was the coilpacks as I did the newage coil conversion this weekend and seems to be running A LOT better now, no stuttering or erratic idle. Running lots better BUT still feels a bit stagey on acceleration but that's another issue to solve but all in all its running quite good touch wood!