Hand signals?

Exup1000

Had my legacy nearly a week now, and I was driving it earlier and another subaru passed me one the other side of the road.we looked at at each other as if we we're going to say hello/ maybe a little hand wave? But neither of us did.so do subaru drivers have a code?

This is correct we do say hi to one and another. But I only do it to other Impreza owners, as legacy and forester owners seem happy to just drive past me with out even looking at me, not sure why.... Someone once said I had a face for radio but I don't think that's why :D

I give the headlight flash to other subaru's - impreza's tend to respond but only about 30% legacy's and no forresters so far have responded, but that is more to do with the demographic in them round by me, they appear to be owned by the older country types 

I give the headlight flash to other subaru's - impreza's tend to respond but only about 30% legacy's and no forresters so far have responded, but that is more to do with the demographic in them round by me, they appear to be owned by the older country types 

OHHHHHHhhh! I tried so hard not to say that Haha ;)

hey it is what it is - I am sure in other areas there is a forrester massif slammin and pimpin their ride who happily acknowledge there Subaru brethren.

I do get a lot of befuddled looks though - of 'do I know him, why is he flashing me are my lights on????' :D

• Like 1

ooooooohhhh so many comments Jasper Carrot quote springs to mind, overload!!!! :P

I like to think I am making them feel included as part of the little six starred tribe :)

I'll often wave, although, its rare i get a response. 

Worryingly in the past few weeks there seems to be a growing number of people in my area driving whilst on the phone. So perhaps this is why they are unable to wave back. Im not saying this is just Subaru drivers but Subaru's are the only cars that get my attention.  :lol:

Well I'm not in the oap section yet,but from now on I'll be saying hello to all the Subaru's about.i have been noticing the boy racers trying to work out what I'm driving and why they can't keep up with me, I think I'm in love with my car.....

Well I'm not in the oap section yet,but from now on I'll be saying hello to all the Subaru's about.i have been noticing the boy racers trying to work out what I'm driving and why they can't keep up with me, I think I'm in love with my car.....

:lol:  Yeah, the look of surprise on peoples faces is priceless. 

That's the thing I like about Legacy's and Foresters they don't look quick. And I bet the look of shock is great and amusing :D

I will wave to other makes see if anyone put's there hand up. I already see one who doesn't even look never mind put there hand up. Virgin :)

We should make it our mission to get others involved in Subaru love.

Gambit, I found the source of the oil leak on the legacy, someone had'nt put the ports back on the inter cooler properly and I found one of the gaskets half hanging out. Apparently a garage used to do all the work, which a bit of a worry !!!!!

I'm trying to build a staircase so I'll speak to you !Removed! later

C

Yeah thought be something like that and good news that it is :) But agreed worrying when it was a garage doing that :blink:

I will wave to them all from now see what happens :)

Good look with the stair case repaired a few never built a new one :)

I'll have to head off to get myself a flat cap, pipe and slippers & possibly a whippet to complete the northern monkey/ old man look !

saying that round me it's a wonder anyone can see where there driving most impreza drivers seem to have the seat so far reclined they may as well install a sunroof  :P

• Like 1

I got a lady to wave back but I'm not sure she knew why she was doing it.on another note, I was plodding round a round about when a new critroen ( not sure what it was, not seen one before) flew past me at a rate of knots on the slip road, so I started to nail in hard while safely merging onto the carrage way,I was all over him but with a with the busy traffic I couldn't get into the second stage of the turbo and he pulled off at the next junction. So technically I was done ! :(

Haha there will be more don't you worry about that I get everyone from the boy chav racers in saxo's to the sexual-intercorsa's to people in Vans, Saabs... Oh and don't get me started on Audi drivers Grrrrrr they really get my back up I have more A3's when I do look up my !Removed!. If I ever get piles I know what I will be naming them after, lets face it I can go right up to the A6 :D