exhaust advice

Xander

Hi Guys,

I have a 2008 WRX Impreza hatch, I am looking to get some more power from it.

I know I will need a remap after changing the exhort so might look at doing a few things at once depending on the cost of having that done. If anyone knows a good place around North East Lincolnshire for remaps and cost that would be a big help.

So I have looked and see a few bolt on options, I really like the dual exit style like this:

twinexit08backbox.jpg

But dont hate the single one so thats also an option and less work as I dont need to cut the bumper.

But as I am looking for power I would like to know the best way to go.

Should I go to a custom place and have something made up say turbo Back or Cat back. or get a bolt on kit.

I have seen a kit on Scooby world that will bolt on to the standard system so I am guessing will not give much gains: http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_207&products_id=1439 as its only changing the muffler. But they also sell pipes to upgrade to 2.5 or 3 inch so that could be an option.

Really just looking for power and I dont want anything to loud as its a daily driver and I do motorways a lot for work.

Thanks for any help

Alex

a PPP upgrade for the the hatch that created the 330s was effectively a prodrive back box, filter and remap

for a full system check out Milltek

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=283

for a car this new I if you just want the backbox go for a bolt on option - less hassle and you can fit it yourself on your drive. The Prodrive one I had on mine was great quality

depends on how much you want to spend??

Wow that's a big gain for a simple mod the standard backbox must suck.

Don't want to spend loads I have seen a direct bolt on at scooby world for £300.

So if just that and a remap can gain me anything close to 330 I will be very happy.

Ah sorry Alex i forgot it was the wrx. On the sti you gained about 30bhp, i don't see why you could not get the same bhp increase as it would be relative. Consider an uprated fuel pump also as well as the map, think we have touched on this before ☺

Yer you said about turbos and bits before but even a 30bhp is really good and can then look at turbos when I have more money to spends.

So should look for a backbox and filter then getting a remap.

Is there anywhere to get the PPP backbox or something similar? Or will most straight through backbox be about the same?

Thanks

Alex.

Is there much advantage to upgrading the mid pipe to 2.5 or 3 inch over the stock 2inch pipe? As I can get a back box for the standard piper for £300 or for an extra £220ish I can upgrade it from cat back to a 3inch system?

Thanks

Alex

Yes mate the standard one is restricting gases and noise. So in theory the gases being expelled more quickly allows the engine to produce mr horse's and the better sound. So its always a winner.

I know an MOT tester who turns a blind eye to decats so I can always have words if you go that route. 

Found this to give you an idea of the sound. But I like the sound of the 2nd choice :D