New Impreza WRX Hawkeye owner saying hello

Hi everyone

I have been driving Celicas for many years with my current one being a Gen 7 T Sport, before that I have owned a Celica GT4 ST205. I really miss the power so I took the plunge and just put a deposit down on a hawkeye wrx, 2006, 52k on the clock.

Can't wait to pick it up!

Just a few questions:

- It was advertised as a Prodrive, it has Prodrive OZ wheels but no certificate or other Prodrive parts which I can see, what else makes it a prodrive? (It was a good deal as a normal WRX, so I didn't buy it because I thought it was a prodrive). How much are the Prodrive OZ wheels worth? I haven't made my mind up about them yet so might sell them for something like grids.

- The rear bumper has some marks on it so I was thinking of either respraying it or replacing it with a bumper from a breaker (how easy is it to change the rear bumper)?

- The exhaust says Cobra the back box, and sounds amazing but the tip sticks out a little more than the examples I see on the internet, is this right?

- I am thinking about putting a STI high spoiler on the car, I have seen an ABS plastic copy which looks good, anyone bought one before?

Sorry about all the newbie questions, I look forward to being a part of the club and attending meets :)

IMG_20150314_145143949nreg_zpsef7gxcly.j

IMG_20150314_145205942nreg_zpsegi3wq1x.j

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - no worries with the questions ask away...

here is potentially what should have been done with the PPP upgrade

http://www.subarupartsstore.co.uk/product/Impreza_WRX_2.5_2006-2007_Performance_Pack_SACC2631

The Cobra backbox would not have been part of the initial upgrade but may have been changed for sound.

The OZ alloys will appeal to some but I couldn't put a price on them - if you are willing to hold for the right price you will get it, ultimately OZ make a quality product.

Repairing the bumper at a decent bodyshop will give you a better finish than buying second hand.

Which spoiler have you seen as there as many to choose from, can you post a link?

Thanks Jay.

The spoiler is the abs plastic one from creative Scooby. Looking at the link I don't think it is a prodrive then, which is what I thought.

What is the Subaru blue like to match? The reason I ask is I have had a lot of silver cars before and the body shop can never match the shade quite right.

The paint codes for the Subarus are readily available so they should be able to match it.

When I was looking at Hawks this was the spoiler I was going to go for - thought it would be a bit stiffer than the ABS

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=659

Hi nice looking car I agree with the spoiler change 1st thing did with the blobeye. 

I'd recommend matty not cheap for genuine high STI spoiler even 2nd hand is about £300 not inc postage :( 

MB developments 
Unit 3 
Addenbrook street
Darlaston
Ws10 8hj

call or txt for quicker reply 07785942237

I have the scoobyworld http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40_187_406&products_id=559 

I am happy with it looks great so much better than the ironing board that was on it before.

the only problem is the weight of it you have to lift the boot lid up from unlocking it, once fully opened it will stay up. but also when you put it down you will wanna hold it and drop it when its almost closed

• Like 2

Thanks for all the input, I have actually emailed MB developments who I found on eBay, he said the genuine spoilers are £300 but he doesn't have any in at the moment. Might go down the second hand genuine STI route as it will already be painted and will be a good fit. I have read that the WRX spoiler only has 4 bolt holes and the STI one has lots, I have also read that people have just been using the 4 bolts that line up and it holds fine, can anyone confirm this? 

Yeah I was thinking the blue might be quite easy to match as it is a common colour and body shops probably have had experience matching that colour. 

I have so many plans and I haven't even picked up the car yet lol. I also plan on painting the insides of the headlights black and get some boost gauges installed :) 

• Like 2

Thanks for all the input, I have actually emailed MB developments who I found on ebay, he said the genuine spoilers are £300 but he doesn't have any in at the moment. Might go down the second hand genuine STI route as it will already be painted and will be a good fit. I have read that the WRX spoiler only has 4 bolt holes and the STI one has lots, I have also read that people have just been using the 4 bolts that line up and it holds fine, can anyone confirm this? 

Yeah I was thinking the blue might be quite easy to match as it is a common colour and body shops probably have had experience matching that colour. 

I have so many plans and I haven't even picked up the car yet lol. I also plan on painting the insides of the headlights black and get some boost gauges installed :)

It does only have 4 bolt holes on on the WRX I drilled mine, but had spoke with matty before I drilled mine and I think for one in my colour was only £75 for an STI bootlid. But if you're brave enough not difficult to fit. I just made a template up from under the spoiler with a rough idea of where the holes needed to be  and drilled the extra holes think I left 2 out of the 12 or whatever it was. I did need to angle grind a bit from inside the boot lid to get the 2 back bolts on.

Here is the final result.

10997491_10152697492865754_2753815547565

Fantastic! Will have to call him in a few weeks to try source a rear bumper and spoiler. He said rear bumpers are £80 which is better than £150 - £200 for a respray, plus if the bumper is in original paint the match should be perfect. To be honest you cant even notice the marks on the bumper unless your up close, but you all know what it's like when you get a new car you want to make everything perfect lol. 

I prefer the blobeye tail lights to the hawkeye ones, are they interchangeable?

Picked her up today! Wow! What a car! Tonnes of power and tonnes of grip, it just grips and grips and grips, never driven anything like it!

Just a couple of niggles i discovered on the drive home. The driver window is intermittent, sometimes it will not roll down, if you press the button all the way down for 'auto' nothing will happen but 10 seconds later it will roll down? 

Also I have realised that despite the car being the best I have ever driven, the sound system is the worst I have ever heard. Sound quality is terrible and when you turn it up slightly the door card rattles. Will need to get a new head unit in ASAP and sound deaden the door!