New member saying hi.

2015sti

Ooh ok, I know the diffs can be noisy, mine is usually from cold but if it doesn't sound right I'd get it looked at

It's only when in full lock on the diff and turning stow on full lock !

I thought these scoobys were reliable

Hi all, just thought I would say hi, any one else got the new shape 2015 wrx sti ?

picked mine up last week and struggling with the run in period. its safe to say I wont be able to do the whole 1000 miles . this is my first Subaru and I am enjoying it so far . looks good, goes good.

also I would like to come along to some meets this year , what are the main events close to Yorkshire ?

cheers

We have a club stand this year at NBO at lightwater valley...we'd love to have you join us on 21st June [emoji106]

The sign up thread is in the car shows section

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Did as you asked and set into full lock and started to turn, feeling the pull of the car at an angle and the way I can feel the diff getting upset I immediately realised it's a bad idea. You don't want to be using full diff "lock" unless you are on a slippy surface or you are definitely going to do some damage when turning hard as the diff will try to skip.

So short answer "Yes" it doesn't like full lock and turning hard on tarmac, try it on slippery grass and see it it feels better and fingers crossed no damage to the diff. Generally i plan to use "lock" for snow or if I get stuck in mud.

All the best.

Phil

Thanks for that Phil !!

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my car

to be 100% truthful Id give it some

Beans before from a set of lights and I forgot I had left it in lock ,

I then missed my turning and went to turn arround in the road and noticed what it did

I don't think any damage has been done as its all running perfect apart from that.

Loving the car !

I was provided a great article about all the driving modes: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/drivetrain-components/118275-vdc-dccd-si-drive-explained-great-info.html

So from guidance I use auto- when I want abit more tail out/loose fun and auto+ when I'm concerned about grip levels. I'd just steer clear of lock all together.

Phil

I was provided a great article about all the driving modes: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/drivetrain-components/118275-vdc-dccd-si-drive-explained-great-info.html

So from guidance I use auto- when I want abit more tail out/loose fun and auto+ when I'm concerned about grip levels. I'd just steer clear of lock all together.

Phil

Thank for this info.

When I go to the site and click on the relevant topics, it says "page not found"

Full different lock is not to be used on any surface that is not loose. All all wheels turn together same speed. For example when turning right left wheel must turn faster than right by having full different lock on your left wheel will even start hopping. This is not just subaru cars, this is applicable to any car with ability to full lock diff.