Help....getting hot

bobbit

How weird is that mine has started going all funny today sounds like a ball bearing is rattling around in it I was in two minds if to cut the belt off to stop it :) I would try eBay 1st mate I've not looked myself yet. I was reading it might need a re gassing but same guy who does my MOT is an aircon place too so will be going there tomorrow if I get time to let him have a listen before I spend any cash on one :)

I nice I didn't even know you could get these, or DIY fill ups I've always just gone to the same guy. Mind you will be going to let him listen, even if it's just to hear him say it's F@cked because his Irish :D

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies,mine squeals like a pig,you can see the clutch popping in and out and looks like it's struggling to turn.the belt looks okay but you can see a bit of the rubber seal thingy coming away.The crappie who does my mother and bits reckons that the shafts could be on its way out.I Have found a supplier of second hand bits on eBay and I will be giving them a call on Friday.Luckily I don't,then need the aircon for demisting, so I have it turned off as I don't,then want to run the risk of the clutch whacking the rad.All that being said I,myself really enjoying the drive,even the auto gearbox,even the fuel bill,lovely car to drive

Ouch yep sounds like that is well gone mine does it all the time when the engine is running though more annoying then anything I just wont cut the belt off until I have had it checked by the Irish guy I use like I said before £30 to have it re gassed and its fixed or cut the belt and need to fit a new one on top of the gas I will wait for him to check it :D

Should be ok to demist your windscreen without the aircon I believe. But least you found a guy. :)  

Well I've been called worse :D It's only the aircon so no great loss and the way the weather has been so far I've not needed it yet. Yes I'm tempting you fate bring on the warm weather :D

Bah,next search is for the plastic panel things for the rear hatch panel,Halfords,Wilco etc are next to useless,now waiting for a call from Subaru in P'boro,so I will remain seated so I don't damage the furniture on the way down.

with regards to aircon, you are supposed to regas them every year regardless if needed or not as like the power steering systems the fluid in the system is also the lube for the pump, like engine oil this will degrade over time, and in winter when your not using the aircon it's worth turning it on for a minute or two to let the clutch engage in the pump and circulate the fluid

• Like 2

cheers for that,once done I will treat the aircon same as our other motor.....its on full time....I think I,m like most people and only gas when its gone...will give this yearly job some consideration

I think using mine after we was on about needed to use it for at least 10 mins a month killed mine, can't remember using it before then lol other then to test it worked. Haha the irony.

If you get the self gassing can they usually do a few refills, and 1 tin is less than a pro coming to fill the system just once, also for those with air con, if you get the funky smells when using it have a look for an air con bomb/sanitiser, they make it smell a whole lot better by killing the bacteria causing the stink