Stuck OBD

hardlythere

Here I go rushing in again,OBD reader waiting when I got home right says I lets get going; download app whack in Bluetooth gizmo sync and we`re away. Yes that seems to work  I`ll get a better look at tomorrow or weekend, can I get the reader out of the port nope it`s stuck tight will not budge.

My question is having never used one before and  seeing that little red light on will it run the Battery flat if left in overnight, and second how the hell can I get it out  and should I have somehow pulled the port out of its aperture first before connecting OBD reader.

Thanks in advance.

It won't run the Battery down over night.

Mine doesn't seem to have any issues removing it. It pretty much the same as the older style scary connector.

Maybe yours has a clip or something that locks it in and you need to press a small button to get it out?

Pics of the reader in the connector would help also a pic of the OBD you bought may shed some light.

Managed to pull it out late last night with a pair of long nose pliers and a delicate grip,it is just a snug fit and maybe if I have look at in day light I might be to make sure there`s no clips holding it in place all will be well.

Cheers guys.

I cant get my fingers in to pull mine out so i glued a hook onto the back for future use. 

when it first got stuck i got the blade from a little coping saw, (i.e. the flat saw blade with a little metal peg in either end)

and used it to hook the bottom of the plastic and wiggle it free, not easy but it did the job :) hope this helps. 

also it shouldn't run the Battery down. 

^ I not so worried about the Battery as I would be about leaving cheap chinese electronics plugged into my ecu unattended.

I've had 1 customer with ecu damage due to OBD use.

Also worth testing your OBD devices on your wifes car before using on the Subaru :-D

If leaving in make the effort & wire the live feed to obd via acc switched relay as simple to to do.

Understand where you're coming from Mr B,and can see the point in wiring it in, but like you said don't think I will leave it in.

Chris I was thinking of doing something like that last night while I was gently trying to coax the thing out with the pliers.