Double din facia

NiallD

Hi all, I've just gone to change the Stereo in my 2006 Hawkeye only to find that the standard facia is few mm smaller than regular double din.

This means I either have to mount Stereo a little further back so it is behind the facia which blocks it's buttons, or start trimming my interior plastic [emoji20] has anyone else had this problem and how have you solved it?

I also had the issue with a cheap Chinese pile of crap Xtrons..........dont get me wrong it worked ok............gps played up enough to drive me insane so back it went..........

I have weighed up a happy medium without spending £500(which i dont want to ) :lol:

Philips do a 1/2 decent double din with gps for around £280

oe unit in car 

0F35B528-3169-4550-99D9-E586F3FE5DA0_zps

This is the unit i put in

CFB62C2F-8B4D-41A5-BC71-52326203E19F_zps

The one i bought a few month before went back in

142CB52F-92BB-47FA-BF71-28EBD3BD2DBA_zps

Cheap but at least a brand(no doubt all made in China anyway) but can use my USB for music and change colour to suit dash

Car%20006_zpsbssuhzhk.jpg

post-3966-142884635645_thumb.jpg

This is what I have ended up with but really want to pull it forward a little. Trying to find another standard facia so I can try and trim it to make the hole bigger but I can't find 1 anywhere