Recirc/BOV Valves

timmyjk7

what people are not understanding with a DV is most of the time they are for cars with slightly uprated boost.

For example car X is running a run of the mill DV valve and Car B has a HKS SSQV with the ability to compress the Dv spring.

Now when most people think there cars are having issues with DV most people immediately think its the Dv fault and change back, however this is not the case, i found out first hand while working on my mates EVO 6 that a spring can make the difference between **** acceleration and jerkiness to swift gear changes.

Now car X run of the mill Dv does not have the ability to change the spring (early baileys didnt ) and as such due to running more boost than standard the Dv is staying open during idle as there is more pressure, causing a idle surge and back acceleration.

Now car B, has just had a remap and is now running more power but due to the ability to compress the spring, a swift change is made and as such it now closes correctly.

do not be put of by the scaremongers or people that say your car will blow up etc, use a proper brand ( ive had baileys, forge , HKS) all have had no issues at all, if your turbo has steel internals e.g IHI or a ceramic internals, DO NOT run without a recirc or a DV as the added load of the turbo spinning backwards during gear changes ( chatter) will cause the shaft to break.

On my mates Tial on his evo the spring is colored and a simple equation is used to work out the spring that you need, once this was sorted he no longer had a boost spike, not all DV have the ability to change springs.

Cheers for reading.

• Like 1

I think they sound fine and don't have a problem with people having them fitted

I just stated facts that both my blobs had issues when running a forge BOV, even when they had been mapped with them fitted. I even bought the spring kit to change the release pressure, but the only way I sorted it was fitting a std recirc

the HKS is one of (if not) the best B)

• Like 1

All valid point's. I'd do the same as dave though and as I said in previous post I'd just resort back to the oem if it made my car run bad. Just easier lol. But I am a lazy **** lol. Oh and ash just change subject I'm waiting on Steve to do the instagram link logo to go with Twitter and the Facebook link's.

• Like 1

my last blob had a forge VTA dump valve, it always had a hesitation after a gear change, even when mapped for it

new blob has a std recirc and runs loads smoother.

I would fit an uprated recirc, but I would never fit another VTA, if I bought a car with one fitted I'd take it off and bin it

Whats the benefit with fitting a uprated recirc Dave?

haha rough day at work so it did come across a bit shirty lol, i just dont like people getting the wrong info haha

So Ash do you get a few different springs in the DV pack? I've not seen any mention of different springs on Scooby Worlds website for example?

So Ash do you get a few different springs in the DV pack? I've not seen any mention of different springs on Scooby Worlds website for example?

usually if you dont get the option or it doesnt state it in the description i would say its a no, thats not to say it wont work with yours though :)

• Like 1

I think they sound fine and don't have a problem with people having them fitted

I just stated facts that both my blobs had issues when running a forge BOV, even when they had been mapped with them fitted. I even bought the spring kit to change the release pressure, but the only way I sorted it was fitting a std recirc

the HKS is one of (if not) the best B)

HKS is one of best due to way valve is controlled, still see problems with them though regardless of adjustment.

If you log or live view maf readings/fueling you will see issues even if lucky & not feel them . for very sensitive maf cars I don't use them as recirc far better. Fit after market ecu  run map sensor then 100% no issue with vta. I got no issue with noise, but as a mechanical engineer do like facts & proper function over anything else.

• Like 2