Newbie from SW UK, Gloucestershire

Fuggzy

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and forums. Would love to meet up with some of you at the local meets and drool over your cars ( ill bring my own rags, I promise!)

I'm pretty new to Subaru ownership, I say new. I've just bought my current car. Which is to replace my other car. The first car I had was a 2007 2.5 wrx, and it lasted less than a week before it went back today. They said that a bearing had gone on the gearbox. Which I thought was a little weird, it only had 35 thou on the clock. But as I was more than a little upset with this I payed a little more and bought the 2007 impreza wrx sti spec D they also had. Which after the gearbox set back I should of got in the first place. But I was being 'sensible' well least I now have proof that being sensible is wrong. I know my little man (my 20 month old son) will love it, because he couldn't stop kissing my wrx, and at every opportunity went for drives with me. He will sit in the back making engine noises all the way, unless I put my foot down a bit and then he says Weeeeee ! Lol. That boy has castrol running through his veins. Hope he can come to the meets too, if I'm welcome that is.

Thank you

Wotcha and welcome -

the main bearing is a fault that shows up every so often unfortunately - slight misalignment of the gearbox on assembly or something ???

I looked at the differences between WRX and STI before making final decision and the differences with the STI are numerous not just power which overall make it a better package. 

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome -

the main bearing is a fault that shows up every so often unfortunately - slight misalignment of the gearbox on assembly or something ???

I looked at the differences between WRX and STI before making final decision and the differences with the STI are numerous not just power which overall make it a better package. 

Those were my thoughts exactly, I know the sti spec d is a little bit of a cop out. As it's a sti but without all the sweet body work we all know and love. But hey ho, I think that with a little bit of work it will look great. Are there any meets or anything round my neck of the woods?

As I understand it (we were looking at a Hawkeye before the hatch) the Hawkeye Spec D version differs very little - more soundproofing inside car itself, small boot spoiler and silver rims instead of gold all the rest is same as WRX STI model.

Boot spoiler, carbon lower lip on lower front air dam + rear high line spoiler will have it more race track than cul de sac ;)

There are regular meets in the Surrey area involving members but I don't know of any Bristol, Glos, Worcs area from this site

That's a bit of a trek for me, was hoping there was somewhere closer. I'd like to bring my mini petrol head to enjoy the other cars and people with me. He's been bottle fed V-Power since birth, he even runs out and instead of giving me a hug and a kiss he kisses the car first !! Lol that's love hehe

He sits in his mini recaro and shouts weeeee when the dump valve hisses. And if you ask him what daddy's car says he puts on a really deep voice and says brum brummmm BRUMMMMMM lol and if you ask what mummy's car says (a corsa diesel of all things !!) he just kinda shrugs his shoulders lol

Do you attend shows and things?? I could come meet some of you there. I've been reading a lot of forums online and I hope you all aren't quite so bitchy or picky. A lot of the other subaru (and other car makes) can be nasty if you don't fit in. Or don't have a set of ohlins suspension, or the right wheels etc etc. I don't mean that in a nasty way either, just hoping that your all a bit more relaxed. And are happy to have another subaru owner that you can talk about car stuff without getting the rolled eyes or yawns that I get when talking about front mounted inter coolers with the mrs lol

This forum is comparatively young and we havent organised anything under the club banner yet - it has been discussed and there is some interest there but we havent quite got our act together :rolleyes:

The intention is to get a little more sorted as we get more momentum.

the only requirement for this forum is the six stars aaaaannnnd thinking about it you dont even have to own one - just be interested, we have a chap who unfortunately forgot he was wearing his diving boots to work and pranged his scooby a couple of weeks after buying it so now saving to get another, a young lad in Scotland who shares his fathers passion and I know of one chap who is currently between scoobies but is considering a change of make.

Its all good.

between the mods and admin we obviously read every post and whilst opinions are actively encouraged (as are photos) and there will be differing ones on occasion being bitchy is not something we will go for.

I will caveat that with there is general banter between some of us which is not exclusive but generally starts as Gambit and I get bored easily :D

• Like 1

Yeah a bit or harmless ribbing is all good in my eyes, it's just the people who are snobs and make other people feel like crap because they don't have such a large bank balance. I guess at the moment I have 2 impreza's lol but the WRX I had (with the duff gearbox) is in the garage getting repaired. But instead of waiting for it to get done I paid the price difference and paid the the STI Spec D. Which as we speak is getting valeted, serviced, MOT'd, Taxed ready for me to collect Thursday afternoon/Friday morning.

Although it pains me to admit it, I'm currently driving the worlds least maintained and ropey courtesy car. I honestly can't believe a 30 thousand mile 06 plate Astra can be in such poor condition !! Roll on Thursday !!

I would be well up for doing meets, and other things for the group. As I'm still recovering from the accident last year I have a lot of time on my hands, so anything I can do to help is not a problem. As long as it doesn't involve me giving loads of cash lol

Hi mate welcome to the Forums. As Jay said we are a young club but going in the right direction which is a good thing :D I'm to far away from you but hoping to start a monthly meet for the guys/gals local to me :D And for the big meet up's Trax and Japfest was all talked about this year but it came around to quick, but saying that I believe next year the way things have gone in the last 2 month's I can't see why we wouldn't be able to get there as a club next summer :)

And as for the bitching going on in other forums ( I have a feeling which one)  I'm happy if they leave it there. I was always brought up with manners cost nothing, the same as I tell my Children now, If I don't like something on car I will just say "It's not for me". Same as with my car I appreciate it's not everyone's taste but its what I wanted and that's all that matter's :D touch wood non of the members have been like that and its all been kept very friendly So if you like dump vales stickers or you don't and like the clean look or have a Forester Legacy BRZ or just share the interest everyone is welcome :)

And as Jay said we love pictures :D And we have many off topic conversations that go off quickly once the 1st post matter has been resolved or not :lol:

Anyway welcome again :D

Whhhat you don't have a large bank balance and not willing to give me and Jay beer money. Jay what did you do with the ban hammer ? :D

No place for that !Removed! here ;)

Cheers for the welcome, I was dubious about saying hi tbh after looking at the other forums. But as far as I can tell your all good people. And your right manners cost nothing, and I love having a laugh. Being all serious and getting upset is to me just being silly, I know it's good to believe in certain things and all that. But forcing your views on other people should be left Jehovah's witness's who bang on my door all the time lol

You will fit in just fine here then mate. Touch wood every car club I've joined has been great you will always get the odd few that will try tar it. But I think that can only happen if its left for the aggressive full of themselves idiots to get away with it. And at least you took the gamble and hopefully like others you will feel like this is the right place to be :) And I don't have time for Jehovah's witness's forcing there views on me, my Misses does enough of that telling me what she wants doing to the house :D

If you want to find local meets check out the SIDC forums they have a South West Section there.

Also try [Edit]Scabbynet[/EDIT] they have regional sections there, the only club i know that meets regularly besides Surrey is South East Scoobies, but again thats even further than Surrey lol.

I have a funny feeling one of the forums you have spoke about might be related to one of his early posts :( But hopefully the good ones will come through here and we can get regional section set up for local meets too :)

• Like 1

Cheers everyone, I picked up my STi Spec D yesterday. And after driving it, it's a whole other world compared to my wrx that I had for a week after the garage place sold me the duff wrx. It's literally like a whole other car !!

It's better in every single way, I wish I'd gone for the spec D straight away instead on penny pinching and getting the WRX

• Like 1

you can load some in the gallery or set up a photobucket account (its free) (others are available) and post the IMG link - looking good so far though

welcome mate. cracking car you got!

and i hope i have a son like yours one day, he sounds like me when i was a nipper lol i used to try and drive my dads XR3i lol

and as said it doesnt take much to make these cars look really smart.

mines got a few bits a pieces done to it and everyone thinks its an STi. even though its missing a turbo lol one day... lol

im only in cardiff so your not far from me.

That's cool, I was hoping there was some people my way ! I know there's some shows coming up. Japfest2 forge action day etc. hope to see some of you all there !

• Like 1

XR3i  now that brings back memories. My mates dad had a G reg one that was chipped he used to let us take it out on our own when we was 14. He used to say if you get stopped just say we stole the key and he wouldn't press charges. Now when I think back I think he hated his son :D

I hope I'm a cool dad like you guys had. My dad would take me out all the time. To boring **** things lol. And he used to buy me model planes all the time too, I used to think wow my dad really loves me buying me stuff like that all the time. But now I know he was proper bored all the time but if my mum knew he was buying those for himself she would of gone nuts. But because it was 'for our lovely son' she was fine with it. Crafty old git hehehe