Coolant bottle

Rick 2014

Ive seen loads of foresters now that have a external coolant bottle on the side of the radiator yet the wrxs don't have one and the sti versions.Does anyone no the reason why they don't have one but we do lol

only pic I've got that shows the expansion bottle position on classics

post-1399-142943050485_thumb.jpg

You can just see it in front of the Battery I can get a better pic a bit later if you want ?

maybe if a foz's rad goes some people have been fitting the impreza rad and expansion bottle as they're easier to source or subaru might have changed something on different years that run a different phase inlet set up

• Like 1

30926764039cf26f398d6772bc6d8d74.jpg jdm foz rad & bottle is identical to impreza one only location is different, my lights are deeper so I don't think there's any space for the bottle where it is on a classic.

I do know the eudm cars have a different Shape rad it's slightly taller and a little narrower

attachicon.gif20150214_125540.jpg

You can just see it in front of the battery I can get a better pic a bit later if you want ?

maybe if a foz's rad goes some people have been fitting the impreza rad and expansion bottle as they're easier to source or subaru might have changed something on different years that run a different phase inlet set up

Is it a large coolant bottle Clive or a small one

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gif20150214_125540.jpg

You can just see it in front of the battery I can get a better pic a bit later if you want ?

Hi Clive is your coolant bottle just that little stick thin coolant bottle with that piece of pipe sticking out or is there more of the bottle

Here's a pic of the one by the Battery

post-1399-143058615748_thumb.jpg

The small bore pipe at the bottom connects to a metal pipe that runs along the top of the rad to the header tank (attached to the inlet manifold)

There's a bigger bore pipe at the back of the little expansion bottle that goes to the tank in the inner wing .

post-1399-143058637317_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...