Engien report is in

Tidgy

Had the engine report come in from clinic, bit of a mixed bag.

'the crankshaft big end bearings have all worn down to the copper, this has subsequently marked the crankshaft but I'm hoping it will polish so we can reuse it.

The worst thing I found is a three thou taper on cylinders two and four, cylinders one and three are marginally better, this is way out of specification.

I also removed a couple of valves to check the seats and these are also worn and will need recutting, the valves themselves will need refacing.'

'This is basically just a worn engine'

So nothing has failed as such, just showing its age. The block is salvagable if machined and then oversize pistons used, but power will be limited due to wall thickness reduction.

Given that in mind decided to take that out of the equasion. managed to source a 2.0CDB for decent money, so that will be going in it, with a 2.1 stroker kit and my heads resfreshed.

Should be good for well over 500 in the future :D

Only hurdle is the engine shop is mega busy so gonna be 4 week till mine is in for building  :(

Yeah I know that too well my 5 speeds nearly done in :( but it's lasted well to be fair only 4th gear thats a bit dodgy. But already been eyeing up parts :D I never learn. But best way I think spend all that money having it done want to make sure it can all handle it brakes too :)

Oh you'd upgraded already nice. I'm still on stock and yes I've cooked them a few time's on track day's [emoji20] I think last time was down to a sticky piston or two so got cusco to refurb some fpr me top job too. But think I need to get some better ones. I've now decided thinking I'll ever get to the end of a 9year shopping list is futile [emoji1] unless I win lottery but I'm sure the list would just get bigger with more cars [emoji6]

Seen a few scoob engines get well over 200k and still going without a rebuild. But then mine didn't get to 70k before having one [emoji22] its nearly back at that mark [emoji15] just hope it holds lol good old paranoia [emoji1]

Haha I love the paranoia ! Slight increase in temps today ment it wasn't as bad but it's not doing my confidence any good, do I drop 2-3k in a rebuild engine or take my chances on a car coming up to 100k for 4-5k

Mine was on roughly 105k, but it has had a hard life. It was used for a track car for a while, which is never going to be healthy for it.

Until summit goes wrong i wouldn't worry about it, The Forrester wont be as highly tuned as the type r so should last alot longer

Cheers mate, I know when I start her up everyone sucks their teeth and says 'ooooh sounds cranky' trying to wind me up I suspect, once it's warm doesn't sound too bad.

It was over fueling massively for 7 years so that can't have helped the bores much haha.

Since I've had her I reckon, 3 years, mines a 97 so the piston skirts are pants and I get sooo much slap. Had it mapped in feb so I guess if anything was seriously wrong they'd have picked it up on the cans

My mechanic isn't too worried but you know how it is !