sti or not.

subdriver

Hello fellow members,

My 2003 Suburu Legacy has a small metal badge on the front spoiler  = sti.

This may be simple to most people but iv'e not really taken much interest into the specifics of cars before...lol

Iv'e a lot to learn so there will be plenty of questions on there way to you.....lol

I don't know what this indicates about the car?

What should i look out for to prove its sti status? (whatever that means...lol)

Does it mean sports turbo injection?

Hi mate, I'm far from a Subaru expert but I do know it stands for Subaru Tecnica International. I'm guessing it's Subaru's high performance part of the company, like the M-series on Bmw and AMG on Mercs.

I wouldn't know if you have a genuine STI or just an STI spoiler or just a random sticker.

Loved Scoobys since I was a kid, finally got one

• Like 1

Thanks for reply theonlychoice,

You mabe right.

I wonder if anybody else agrees with you, it's always  good to know what you have wheather its good or bad...lol

Hopefuly i'll get to the bottom of it.

Normally 'proper' sti's have other performance bits, different interiors firmer suspension etc, if you open the bonnet and yours has a red manifold it's a full blown sti engine, they also have badges in the cabin & on instrument cluster.

But with yours being an import the Japanese love to customise them and there's a chance the original owner ticked loads of sti extras on the options list. so if it's not a factory sti then it's got some expensive goodies on [emoji16]

I had a look and there is a cover over the manifold which has boxer written on it but could not see any red.

Almost everything looks new.

I could not find a turbo but there must be one somewhere, when i get the time i will take off the engine covers and have a closer look.

One thing i can say about the car is that it is a dream to drive.....as a new  Suburu owner if the car does not give me too much trouble i could be a long term owner/ convert.....lol

• Like 1