Legacy type

subdriver

Hello members.

On my log book it states legacy B4; it does not describe the car as a sti or anything else but i notice there seems to be a few variations, anyone understand what they all are?

What does the B4 mean?

How many different types of legacy are there?

Mine just says legacy on the log book... Some imports are pretty vague.

B4 is just the model variation name... Twin turbo wagons are GT/GTB, saloons are RSB. I'd assume the B4 is for the gen 4 twin scroll?

The full designation for the B4 is B4 RSK. (Rally sport Kompressor).

The B4 is a Generation 3 model and will have  the twin turbo set up. The Gen 4 models have the twin scroll system but the designations changed and the B4 label was dropped.

Actually having B4 on the logbook is a bonus, I've only ever seen 'Legacy'.

The twin turbo variants:

Gen 2: GT and GTB are both wagons, RS and RSB are the saloons. A special edition model was the GTB Ltd which was a wagon only.

Gen 3: GT and GTB are still wagons, B4 RSK is the saloon.  Special edition models also existed in the Gen 3 age such as Blitzen and S-Edition. Both available as saloon or wagon.

All the above are JDM only and were available as manual or auto box.

The options list on all the above was enormous so its rare to find two of the same spec.

The long number on the vin plate will explain all. If it begins BE, it's a gen 3 saloon.

It's on the passenger side suspension turret.

The other option for clarity is a photograph of the car.

Hi Tlag,

Im trying to decode the vin but not having much luck as i cant find the correct decoder.

You probably know its different to the uk market codes.

Fisrt 3 digits ofthe vin is BL5 which indicated 4 generation from what i can see.....the car is marked s a B4.

The full designation for the B4 is B4 RSK. (Rally sport Kompressor).

The B4 is a Generation 3 model and will have  the twin turbo set up. The Gen 4 models have the twin scroll system but the designations changed and the B4 label was dropped.

Actually having B4 on the logbook is a bonus, I've only ever seen 'Legacy'.

The twin turbo variants:

Gen 2: GT and GTB are both wagons, RS and RSB are the saloons. A special edition model was the GTB Ltd which was a wagon only.

Gen 3: GT and GTB are still wagons, B4 RSK is the saloon.  Special edition models also existed in the Gen 3 age such as Blitzen and S-Edition. Both available as saloon or wagon.

All the above are JDM only and were available as manual or auto box.

The options list on all the above was enormous so its rare to find two of the same spec.

I can only see one turbo it's on the left hand side of the engine.

The vin is nine digits and starts BL5.

The engine type starts with EJ20.

The Transmission starts with TG5.

The option code is  QGH.

I cant make sense of the decoders found, any idea?

That's a lovely looking legacy mate. Really nice!

Absolutely love the front splitter and the scoop! Kinda fancy a splitter myself, but wouldn't be able to find a genuine subaru one.

Hoping you can come to some of the car shows, would be nice to see another mk4 legacy saloon there!

• Like 1

That's a lovely looking legacy mate. Really nice!

Absolutely love the front splitter and the scoop! Kinda fancy a splitter myself, but wouldn't be able to find a genuine subaru one.

Hoping you can come to some of the car shows, would be nice to see another mk4 legacy saloon there!

Will love to come along work permitting.

I did go to the kent meet on Saturday....yesturday.

• Like 1

I still need to get the car mapped for british fuel.

Was considering having a different inlet filter for better breathing but dont want the car to sound any louder.