Wheel bearing problem again!

I did my wheel bearing at work 2 weeks ago and I used a genuine lucas bearing.My missus picks me up from the garage and all of a sudden I hear this bearing noise again coming from the back end.With the kids in the car and my self in the passenger seat its hard to tell but it does sound like its coming from the same side again!.Ive got my timing belt to change tomorrow as well but if its raining im just gonna remove the rear seats and go out with the missus to see if I can hear anything.Surely the same bearing I replaced couldn't have failed?If it was  and I removed the same wheel bearing would the parts supplier take the knackered bearing back?

Is your other side old my money would be on the old side thay can sound like that mine was like that on my BMW got the side changed I thought was shot and it was but drove car with same noise and had to get the other side changed

Mine did sound like that thought 100% was driver side and it was but when took car home still sounded the same thay did tell me I may also have to have other side changed and a did both sides was shot and the noise seems to move you would think the old side will be shot not the new one most likely been on car same time so if one has gone the other won't be in very good nick

Strange hate silly things like that I have a knock front back end people say thay can hear and feel it around back seat so going to book car in garage as it's got warranty till September so want it sorted

Im starting to get a funny noise now from the other side now but when I jack the car up and check for play there is nothing :( Thing is its AWD so I carnt exactly just spin the back wheel.Looks like im gonna have to get some axle stands and go from there

The sound sort of throws you into thinking its the other side.Ive not had time to get the car on a set of ramps at work due to being busy.I carnt see a brand new bearing failing so it must be the passenger side.

Lucas bearings kits  tend be orbis bearings & they not very good.

Use a stethoscope to listen to each rear hub. or when drive it rock it left to right to see if nose reduces & pinpoint the one at fault.

I seen cheap bearings fail real quick, the cartridge also super fussy on fitting & press catching inner bearing rather than just outer bearing sleeve can kill um.

I only use ntn or nsk , ICP do them for around £40 (do stipulate want jap ntn or nsk as they also do german bearings)

Euro car parts are awful in respect to selling poor quality brands just so can price well, they sell some right monkey metal junk .

• Like 1

^ sfk & even koyo not bad but there is a reason why subaru, nissan & just about all jap manufacturers & engineers use ntn & nsk in preference .

ntn & nsk also sensible price at £44 or under for bearing kit.

Lucas bearings kits  tend be orbis bearings & they not very good.

Use a stethoscope to listen to each rear hub. or when drive it rock it left to right to see if nose reduces & pinpoint the one at fault.

I seen cheap bearings fail real quick, the cartridge also super fussy on fitting & press catching inner bearing rather than just outer bearing sleeve can kill um.

I only use ntn or nsk , ICP do them for around £40 (do stipulate want jap ntn or nsk as they also do german bearings)

Euro car parts are awful in respect to selling poor quality brands just so can price well, they sell some right monkey metal junk .

Looks like the bearing I stuck in is coming off again :(

Have you pinned it down to bearing then .

Least easy to do & not ridiculously expensive but indeed a bummer .

Bearing quality is awful in some of the cheaper & even not so cheap obscure brands, I can't afford the risk of using poor quality parts so am super fussy on this stuff.

Bearings are one of those areas where you got choose right brand & it not always more expensive & if is it not by much.

You can get bearing kits for as little as £15 but they are awful, even comparing some well known brands to ntn & nsk is night & day in precision & quality consistency.

With ICP it cheaper buy direct as they load prices on eBay because of eBay fees & paypal fees.

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=1546&cat=96⊂=103&sec=1538&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

I buy mine from The Bearing Shop exeter mainly, any bearing supplier will do these so if your garage uses a bearing shop could be worth checking price with them.

I use old bearings outer races as press drifts, you may want throw yours through a euro car parts window though :-)

• Like 1