abs fault light

jasper76

Hi everyone,

just joined the forum, and i am after some advice.

ABS light is on all the time i have removed all the wheel sensors cleaned them all and all connectors,also changed front discs and pads because they were low.

can i reset abs light myself?

2001 bugeye impreza wrx.

Thanks

Do you know if it's had the speedometer cluster changed for a newer one from either a blobeye or a hawkeye ?

You can reset codes with with a phone app and a OBDII dongle you can get from eBay :) might remove it I take it you're not having issues from the brakes then ?

Oh and welcome to S.O.C

Hi Gambit

it is the original dash the brakes are ok just do not want to pay a garage 45 quid to turn the light off and then they tell me something else needs to be done and it doesn't.

Could be the teeth then sensors not reading it correct as it spins round but try pull the fuse 

2820wt2.jpg

Should turn it off. not sure if pulling the Battery will reset it or not :) worth a try. Seems strange it's still on though normally it turns itself off with no problem.

Light should go out on its own so there will be another problem somewhere. My abs light came on when I took my rear light out, scared me as I had just changed the cv joint. Luckily was just not having the light in.

• 2 years later...
On 2015. 05. 03. at 3:08 PM, Gambit said:

Do you know if it's had the speedometer cluster changed for a newer one from either a blobeye or a hawkeye ?

You can reset codes with with a phone app and a OBDII dongle you can get from ebay :) might remove it I take it you're not having issues from the brakes then ?

Oh and welcome to S.O.C

Hey

What if the cluster speedo was changed? There is a 03 WRX blobeye. The cluster was changed to STI, its measure in MPH, the wrx was KMPH originally. I have the same issue ,ABS lights on the dash with the CheckEngine together when the car is on simple ignition, when it starting and the engine is rotating the light goes off. But sometimes it just staying and if I do ingnition Off-On, this light going off again. So periodic. Have you got any advice?