ScorpionTrack - WRX STI - great service / value for money

7777X

Just doing this post to make everyone with a 2014/15 Subaru WRX STI aware that if they don't know so already...their vehicle comes fitted with a Thatcham Category 6 Tracker.

I've got one, but I've got a few mates with ones that weren't aware...so after confirming with the guys at Scorpion Automotive...please please please make sure that the dealership you bought your Tracker off has filled in all your information when sending the Tracker form into Scorpion...as some dealers apparently forget to fill in the email field...hence no welcome email.

I've pasted in below a copy of the welcome email I got the other day:

"Subject: Welcome to ScorpionTrack

Dear Mark,

I write to confirm as of today’s date the ScorpionTrack stolen vehicle recovery tracking system fitted to your Subaru Impreza WRX STI is activated. Your ScorpionTrack system will be active for 12 months from today.

ScorpionTrack operate a UK based secure monitoring centre manned 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In the event of vehicle theft our monitoring team is able to live track and liaise with the police to facilitate recovery of a stolen vehicle.

If your vehicle is stolen without keys (ie. being towed-away) or if your vehicle Battery is disconnected, our monitoring team will telephone you immediately.

The first year’s stolen vehicle recovery monitoring subscription is included with your vehicle and will need to be renewed after 12 months. Price for second year subscription is £150.00 including vat.

If you wish to tell us your vehicle is going to be serviced or should you wish to update your contact details please contact ScorpionTrack on 01257 249 928 option 2.

To report a stolen vehicle please phone our 24/7 number on 01257 240 945 quoting your crime reference number.

Kind regards

Dan Farnworth
Scorpion Automotive Ltd
Tel:  01257 249 928 option. 2"

So if like my mates you aren't aware that your vehicle has CAT 6 status give the guys at Scorpion a call...they're helpful enough and the renewal price ain't bad either!

I would also suggest you check its been activated if you don't know for sure. I just bought a 2014 STI and when I rung up to change Tracker over it hadn't been activated. Bonus for me as I got my first year free :-)