Forest XT 4th Gen - Spare Wheel!

lexus_driver

Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie here, so hope I'm not breaking any rules!

The new Forester XT is a pretty amazing bit of kit - it seems to offer much better value for money than the equivalent offerings from (say) Lexus :)

I have a question about the spare wheel.  The standard equipment is a temporary space-saver wheel which fits under the floor in the boot.  It looks like we ought to be able to fit a full-sized wheel in there instead, but we can't - the floor panel won't close over it properly.  I did notice that the XT seems to have bigger wheels than the other models.

The question is: Is there a different floor panel specially for XT owners who choose the full-size spare wheel option?  Or have Subaru boobed?

Cheers

J

Hi mate welcome to the forums :)

And as for your question it's safe to say I don't know :D But I don't have a forester either so hopefully someone who does might be able to help ;) 

Wotcha and welcome - love your member name for a scooby forum :D

We do have some Forrester owners on here so they may be able to help advise

Yes, sorry about the member name.  It's actually the Mrs who's the Forester owner - but I'm quite jealous of her new one.  She's afraid of computers, which means she won't be posting here.  It also means she's terrified of all the buttons on her new car, but I'm here to help...

I thought posting to "Subaru Forester Club" might reach some Forester owners/dealers... :)

It will certainly reach the owners - dealers only tend to contribute on here with discounts and special events, it would be nice to get some advice from them but not so far

sorry i can't be of any help with not having a new model but my spare wheel well looks like it's big enough to accommodate a full size wheel but it's not, the rim is 16 inch on the space saver, and the depth looks nearly a foot in the well but the size and width of the space saver Tyre is tiny. (i was quite bored at work last night)

i reckon if i deflated a normal wheel it would go in but what's the point in that,  

do you have a plastic cover on top of the space saver then the carpet hatch ?

• Like 2

Quite night walking the streets then I take it ;) 

I must remember to shave my legs more often must be what's putting them off ! i don't normally work past 5 but someone elses f*** up ment i was there till 9. Still early finish today so i'll go measure the well depth and tyre properly when i'm home

• Like 1

i hav a turbo 2000 and i would say no you can't fit one in there but i would say keep the space saver in for weight reduction. i put tool kit's and jump lead and hi vis clothing and a mat in mine but i lowered mine and put a impreza space saver in there. just try it, jack car up and put the space saver under car as those jack are crap. then put the wheel you take off in it and you should be able to tell. if you lived round Lancashire you could of tried one of my set i took off.

• Like 1

sorry i can't be of any help with not having a new model but my spare wheel well looks like it's big enough to accommodate a full size wheel but it's not, the rim is 16 inch on the space saver, and the depth looks nearly a foot in the well but the size and width of the space saver Tyre is tiny. (i was quite bored at work last night)

i reckon if i deflated a normal wheel it would go in but what's the point in that,  

do you have a plastic cover on top of the space saver then the carpet hatch ?

Yes, that's correct.  The carpet hatch sits on the tyre as it sticks above the floor level.  I guess we'll keep the big spare in the shed until it's time to change tyres, then flog the alloy on eBay.