suspension knocking?

Hi,

So when I'm driving over bumpy roads or over certain types of speed bumps. I get a bit of a clunking noise, it sounds like its a metal on metal noise, coming from the front suspension?

I'm guessing its the front droplinks? As the rear drop links and the front anti roll bar D bushes were picked up on the MOT. So I'm thinking I'm going to replace both sets of drop links and the front d bushes.

Also, do i need genuine subaru drop links? like these

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=4165&cat=96⊂=501&sec=2465&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

or would these be ok?

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=6360&cat=96⊂=501&sec=2465&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

Any suggestions?

thanks

Go uprated ones mate, the standard ones are rubbish and will need replacing again in the not to distant future. How hard do you want the ride ? Polly bushes are good and a one time replacement but they don't absorb the bumps as well as standard rubber whitline/superpro ones are about fifteen quid for the dbush

• Like 1

The only uprated droplinks i can find are whiteline ones costing about 100 quid each. I cant really afford 100 quid a set mate. Unless you know of any cheaper ones?

I've already bought some standard subaru d bushes as they were pretty cheap. Maybe i shouldnt have :(

Oof ! I picked mine up from savage so got them at a decent price, maybe have a look on the bay,

the silver set from ipc look a bit more robust than the subaru ones, ah well the d bushes should last a couple of years before the wear.

What is your model code ? I'll dig around

Got my droplinks, should do the job.

Phoned up revolution in gateshead to have them abd the D bushes fitted. He said thats two hours labour n 136 quid.

I'll save the 136 quid tar.

They taketh the **** ! Literally half hour 45 mins to do including the 5-10 for removal & installation of bushes. If you've access to a trolley jack or ramps it's fairly simple to diy

Is there anywhere round near you that let's you hire a lift or garage space ? A couple of sockets and a spanner is all you need, save a packet and sense of achievement too [emoji3]

Is there anywhere round near you that let's you hire a lift or garage space ? A couple of sockets and a spanner is all you need, save a packet and sense of achievement too [emoji3]

no I'm afraid not mate. will have to find a normal garage. :(