is this a wise modification path?

ChrisD

No shame in being over taken by the amg mate, they are total weapons 360bhp standard ! My mate had a test drive of one last week, couldn't believe the way it went

Yep, I am checking them every day at Brooklands MB world that little car is sick B)

glad you enjoyed it Chris :)

I've not had a race with an A45 AMG yet, I've heard they are quick though. wouldn't fancy trying against a modded one

I've had a race with a C63 AMG, about 450bhp, I had the wife and kids in my car and I kept up with him, I wasn't catching him and he wasn't pulling away. we caught up to traffic and I classed it as a victory, he carried on driving stupid trying to get away to 'win', he nearly hit 2 cars head on and that just showed what a prick he was :angry:

glad you enjoyed it Chris :)

I've not had a race with an A45 AMG yet, I've heard they are quick though. wouldn't fancy trying against a modded one

I've had a race with a C63 AMG, about 450bhp, I had the wife and kids in my car and I kept up with him, I wasn't catching him and he wasn't pulling away. we caught up to traffic and I classed it as a victory, he carried on driving stupid trying to get away to 'win', he nearly hit 2 cars head on and that just showed what a prick he was :angry:

The A45 is very quick 0-60  4,6 sec ( same as mine )  The biggest AMG-s have advantage at high speed (200Km/h+)

I know what you mean about the bigger AMG models, a mate has got an E63 AMG, over 600bhp. he was taking the **** out of my 330bhp, I said '0-60 in the dry would be very similar, in the wet I would be pulling away from you, but from 60mph up I wouldn't stand a chance' :lol:

I'd like to have a go in an A45

a couple of years ago a mate got a new golf R, he modded that and easily got over 400bhp. never had a go in that either :(

This was on a very long, not very windy road so it was all about the top end speed stuff.

Although to say how long the road was he decided to overtake on a blind hill doing around 150mph .... not what i would do but each to there own!

he pulled over to have a chat but i thought he was just turning off so i carried on going and left him. i bet i looked like a bad loosed :') but I had fun even if he did have the faster car :D

When my dad got his Merc SL, I took him down and was speaking to the guy about the A45 he had in with a big spoiler and all the areodynamic package on.

he said "they are super quick cars but i don't know who would buy one, you would look like a right child in it with the big spoiler"

I wiped the drool of my face and told him how wrong he was.

...he decided to overtake on a blind hill doing around 150mph ...

O how I hate these kind of guys.(got the money to buy a decent car: tick, got any brain Nope)

I understand hospitals need fresh donors on a daily basis but he could have killed somene else easily as well :angry:

O how I hate these kind of guys.(got the money to buy a decent car: tick, got any brain Nope)

I understand hospitals need fresh donors on a daily basis but he could have killed somene else easily as well :angry:

would make quite a mess doing 150 into someone coming the other way at 70, like 230 into a wall.... id rather loose a street race :') 

would make quite a mess doing 150 into someone coming the other way at 70, like 230 into a wall.... id rather loose a street race :') 

it doesn't work like that

the closing speed would be 220 mph (150 + 70) (not 230 lol). if both vehicles weigh the same, the kinetic energy within the faster car will make the slower car [on impact] decelerate and start traveling backwards.

if 2 vehicles weighing the same hit head on at 70 mph each, the closing speed will be 140 mph, but on impact they will both decelerate at the same rate, it would be like hitting a wall at 70.

but, if a car was traveling at 50 mph and hit a 40 tonne lorry coming the other way at 50 mph, it would be a closing speed of 100mph, and it would be like the car hitting a wall at nearly 100 mph, as the lorry would stop the car and shove it backwards instantly

lol, it's surprising how much I ramble on when I'm drunk.......

I did an A level in physics at school a year early ... Thinks makes so much sense and i should know this haha!

Thanks Dave :) 

Also doing 130 to 0 would be around 5.5 G of force... imagine that guy at 9!,

Mind you i bet his was more gradual into that force.

• 2 weeks later...