3.0 H6 Engine

Pinchcliff

I'm removing my 3.0 H6 engine in a week or so due to a noisy top end, the car has covered around 150K miles and apart from the noise it runs well and pulls like a train. the car is a 2002 outback and it has a complete service history so the engine should be repairable by someone handy (not me I'm afraid). I would welcome any potential buyer to come and listen to the engine and you're welcome to drive the car. In terms of price I was hoping for around £150, let me know if I'm being ambitious with this. The engine will be removed on 15th June by my local garage (Newcastle).

Jeff.

Potential bargain to be had there mate, I reckon you could ask for a bit more if you advertised on the bay. Have you though about just sourcing some new heads for it or is it a deeper problem ?

Had the car in the garage and he disconnected the plugs on each cylinder to establish top or bottom end, definitely a top end problem, he thinks it may be something "sticking" but he couldn't commit without removing the engine, I've bought a complete engine so doing a swap over.