2005 Forester Sunroof problems

Jelly

Hi guys 

I'm having issues with my sunroof, it wont retract as the passenger side wont drop down with the drivers side. Ive had the glass off twice and everytime i take it off it i clean everything out, jiggle with it for a while and eventually get it moving perfectly, yesterday i tested it about 50 times back and forth before putting the glass back on. 

As soon as i put the glass back on it jams up again. This is doing my head in as i love the sunroof but cant use it.

The sunroof has a big crack in it so im wondering if something has landed on it and damaged something on that side. 

I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the runners and scissor mechanism from that side, there must be a way but i cant figure it out, im hoping i dont have to remove the roof lining to do it. If i can figure that out ill just go and take the whole mech out of a scrapped one as i was going to do that for the glass anyway. 

I know there's already been a few threads about sunroof problems so sorry for making another one. 

Thanks