Waterless cleaners

stants

Had a trip to Megs pace at Luton (?) a few years back, with the Citroen Owners forum, where they did demos of their products. The waterless cleaners do work well, but I suspect only any good on a "clean" car, to give it a spruce up on arrival at a show. If the car has too much mud or bird crap on it, you might find it hard work, and get a streaky finish. Makes an ideal lube for a clay bar, though!

The plan is it wash wax polish day before then drive down, just wanted something I could go Over the car with when I got there unless it pours down all the way

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

post-3285-0-89394100-1434815596_thumb.jp

I use this,never wash my car with water,it takes half the time to do with this and comes up great,cheap as well,they sell it in wilkos.You just spray on rub in with a micro fibre cloth leave a min then rub over with another microfibre cloth,job done no streaks and a deep wet look shine,just do a panel at a time. :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dragging muck over the car with little lubrication I wouldn't do.

but to clear of water marks from raid or hand prints, stuff like that, I got a cheap one from wilko's for a quid and it works well just to keep on top of it.

(used the clay cloth's detailing spray and it works well)

Bought some Meguiars stuff at japshow, not cheap but it works, obviously wouldnt use it to 'wash the car' but bit's good if it's been done and is a little soiled,

To be fair Chris you paint looks factory fresh unlike mine which is battered after 18 years so probably wouldn't make a difference if I washed it with a bucket of rocks

I only clean my car about every 3 week,dont have time to do it weekly and i only ever use waterless wash n microfibre clothes,do's not scratch the paint at all as its a wax as well so once you use it a few time it protects the paint.i use good old fashion soapy water on the wheels though.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bought some meguiars stuff at japshow, not cheap but it works, obviously wouldnt use it to 'wash the car' but bit's good if it's been done and is a little soiled,

To be fair Chris you paint looks factory fresh unlike mine which is battered after 18 years so probably wouldn't make a difference if I washed it with a bucket of rocks

Haha :,) I thought yours looks good, mines only like that as I spend a lot of time washing and polishing (helps not having friends I find) I think you always look at your own car more harshly and pick out the tiniest of flaws (I know I do)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Shows a working car. I quite like mine caked in much some days, then I pretend I'm a rally driver when in fact I have just been down a quite back Road, doing 10mph crying as I listen to stones fly up at my paint

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1