silicon tubes HELP!!

lizziitomwrx

Ok so me and my partner are going to be working on the car together but we've come to a disagreement. The first thing I wanted to was put silicon tubes onto the engine but firstly we cant agree on a colour I say green he says red but secondly we don't know where we can get them for a fair price. Any ideas?

Hello, don't buy the cheap Chinese stuff from eBay it's not very well made,

I've bought some stuff from www. Viper performance in the west mids. Good quality it and is half the price of the Samco/sfs stuff

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went red and with Samco hoses I'd avoid going really cheap as they can suck themselves flat underload. Checking the breakers can be hand sometimes get a good deal on 2nd hand hoses Scoobyworld sell them but not cheap.

I shall check viper and scoobyworld :) just stuck on colours. Ive said with it being silver and black exterior then green would be well suited especially with all the interior lighting being green but he's saying red goes better as looks more like a performance motor.

Thank you for the advise :(

• Like 1

Both My classics have been silver with black rims and plastic trims .

I went for red engine block and cam covers, blue inlet manifold and hoses on the v3

002E2593-orig_zpsb46f1b6f.jpg

when I fitted the engine to the silver v1 sti I kept the red block / cam covers, added blue vac lines to the blue coolant hoses and painted the inlet red as I fancied a bit of a change.

20150613_141511_zpsyinyjqq9.jpg

Unfortunately the only pic I've got of red hoses is of a friends black type r

DED87C0C-orig_zps054f90cc.jpg

Have a look on Google images for modified impreza engine bays it might give you both a bit of inspiration on a colour you can both agree to .

But most of all don't forget to upload some before and after pics on here

• Like 1

Cheers fettling keeps me out of the pub and close to home ,most of the "subaru specific version" hoses are second hand samco (to keep the costs down a bit)

Yeah blue n red is a bit of a old school theme and makes it easy to find extra hoses /vac lines and paint to match

• Like 1