Forester SG lower wishbones wanted

Lleuadwen

What wrong with yours ?

easy & cheap to fit bushes & balljoint if arms not bent, cracked or corroded badly, cracked arb mounts can be repaired though.

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/14685-subaru-forester-2001-wishbone-arm-bush-problem/#entry91009

If do need new arms then try ICP (Import Car Parts) or source used, you can used alloy arms from some XT models or Imprezas.

Disintegrated when being driven. Found out this issue was the subject of a recall in 2012 so looking into this at the moment as the fault it is exactly what happened to ours.

Thanks for the reply though.

Yes they can corrode from inside out, main difference of recall part was anti rust wax treatment to the inside

Hopefully subaru will offer you something if vehicle shows not to of had the recall done.

If not sourcing the alloy wishbones from xt or sti is way to go.

Good luck with Subaru dealers :-S some will be more flexible in offering support and as a major safety item they should be dealing with it no quibble as parts are cheap to them & it easy fit too.

You should be able source some used alloy ones though so won't be too bad :-/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip, have had them both replaced under the recall although cost me £270 to get the car transported to a Subaru dealer after I found out about the recall as I did not get the original notification. Guess what? They won't reimburse me!