Potential new wrx owner

Alstars

Hi.... I've just joined up! I'm going to look at a 2005 wrx later this week... Its completely standard, full service history and looks in mint condition... with 108000 on the clock tho..... Would be grateful for any advice.... Cheers

Listen for engine noise, check when the engine belts were last changed, check the service history is actually full and with decent garages. Have a look at the state of the oil and coolant etc, does it seem well cared for?

Check panel gaps and look for signs of repairs or replacement panels. A car this age probably will havw stone chips touched up etc, but a whole side respray or non factory finish on panel joins spells accident.

One tell tale for me is tyres, are they matching and decent quality, not unknown cheap chinese crap or mix and match? Tends to give you an easy insight into the owners attitude of running a car. Make sure the clutch is ok, abuse and hard starts will soon take its toll.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :-)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk