Exhaust & Air filter combo ..

scoobiedoyou

ok newbie here ! good afternoon everyone  ! 

i have two questions putting them into one post to save time 

CAR : subaru forrester 2.0 turbo
YEAR : 51 

Exhaust : I would like to get a full system on it turbo back not worried about having a decat i have hurd that some of the older ones fit some are a bit short and some need the hangers moving .. its for  51 Plate ... 

Air filter : I would like to get something like an apexi air filter open cone style don't worry ill make sure its only sucking up cold air no one like heat soak ! ha as I'm quite new to this subaru i haven't seen any kits that have an extender for the MAF sensor ..  can anyone shed any light apon this ? 

thanks 

ben 

Hello & welcome, classic systems will fit but you'll need to relocate the hangers and possibly add a couple of inches to the back box, you could always got forester specific system made up,

an induction filter isn't really needed unless you want big power, the standard airbox is efficent to about 300bhp

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

ha hello thank you ! So will something like this work out ok then ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/93-06-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-GD-GG-S-STEEL-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-EX8001-/310202194138?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item48397dd8da

and yer thats fine i can get one of the boys at work to relocate the hangers and possibly somehow add a couple of inches to the back box not a problem , nah its only a run about just want it to sound a bit better thats all nothing to serious a buddy recommended this eBay special ha , but he reckons it performs alright and everything went together smoothly :)  

Yeah should be ok, I'll take a pic of mine as I was told that it routes round the diff a little differently but if you know people with the welding tools then your laughing,

Not sure about the filter, are you going to delete the snorkel and resonator & put it in the wing ? If so maybe a bit of silicone hose and unbolt the airbox from the maf if possible, depends on the setup they change from year to year

yer ill attempt to fit it at work on one of the ramps and see what modifications we need to do hopefully not to much .. as long as it does not rub or bang against anything then ill be happy haha nothing worse  ! just for a bit of fun really , i feel the need to release that sound of the flat four ! some pictures would be greeeeaatt ! 

Give me half hour and I'll get some up for you, been meaning to take some for another member but not got round to it so a kick up the !Removed! is what I needed haha

I got mine made up, I think it's to do with the extra couple of inches on the boot floor and the impreza ones are angled slightly up ?

May be worth looking into a wagon system might not be as much modification to do