Please delete. Thanks

Kevin85

• 2 months later...

Not even one single reply. Dissapointed.

Give me some feedback.. Ugly wheels, too expensive, prefer heavy wheels, don't trust me, hate Honda's/me?

Someone must like ultralight high quality forged wheels, think of the unsprung weight savings!

,I like them although wouldn't suit or fit my foz as colour wrong and they are delicate for the roads down near me would be a shame to destroy them on the highway, also I don't have any disposable income to drop on new rims as i'm looking to move house this yeatlr

if I had a track weapon that they fit i wouldn't hesitate to have them,

• Like 1

Very nice wheels. But way outta my reach if I was buying a used pair. Not saying they not worth that, and am a bit unsure what to really compare them to.

But if you have had a go on eBay at buy now or best offer, I'm sure you will get some silly offers and an idea of what people are willing to pay. I've also got some brand new, boxed ultralites for sale, very very good price and on here no replies, and even on eBay a couple of laughable offers even though they are alsmost £100 cheaper than other new. "NOT OUTTA BOX!".

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

The general feeling is that they're too much money, which is understandable for a manufacturer that's not so 'mainstream'.

As for what wheels to compare them to, think Rays Engineering Volk, or BBS forged (also made in Japan), Taneisya are big hitters. 6.1kg 17x7.5 is about as light as you're gonna get.

They're not really comparable to Ultralite(misleading name) or Advan cast. Although I'm a big fan of Advan wheels, most are cast and not in the same league.

Send me some offers, they're completely useless to me. I wont be offended. :)

I think tyre choice is very subjective. Especially as these a track orientated wheel, what level of tyre do I fit? RE070, AD08R, slicks?

I understand a wheel like this appeals to a small audience, so I wouldn't want to pigeonhole it any further.

• Like 1

Ruin isn't a word I was use, if you're doing screechy skiddiez in mcdonalds car park then yes, you're ruining them. If you're using them on track, you're using them properly? I'm quite happy to trade money for lateral g, it makes me happy.

225/45/17 RE070's are currently £65 a corner. That's unfitted, but I'm sure with a little asking you'll find someone with access to a tyre machine that will fit them for a drink. That's if you don't have access yourself.

I know they're expensive, but they're one of the lightest wheels you're going to find. I'm sure I don't need to warble on about the benefits of lightening rotational mass and unsprung weight. :)

They're also manufactured by a premium company, so they're strong. I wouldn't want to rally stage them off a rock no, but they're still plenty strong for motorsport use.

I haven't tried wheelwhores no, I did with another set I had and got zero replies. They're very 'stance' orientated from what I gather. An offset of +49 would probably make most of them a little bit sick in their mouths.

The fitment was specifically aimed at the GDB WRX STi, I can only presume 17x7.5 +49 keeps the scrub radius where it needs to be. Correct scrub radius is important for going fast on a track. Not so much for stancequeens. :p

I quite like the style of the rims but they do look like my current rota boosts .

In my instance if I had a spare £1k + tyres + fitting I'd spend it on a bigger turbo and some cheap scruffy wheels with decent tyres to use on track or for winter .

I'm not saying that they're not worth the money just that not many people have £1.5 k to chuck at a set of rims

I quite like the style of the rims but they do look like my current rota boosts .

In my instance if I had a spare £1k + tyres + fitting I'd spend it on a bigger turbo and some cheap scruffy wheels with decent tyres to use on track or for winter .

I'm not saying that they're not worth the money just that not many people have £1.5 k to chuck at a set of rims

I completely get that, but it's like comparing slip's to regamaster's.

I don't think they look like boosts at all, I think boost's are copies of advan rg's? They don't even have the same amount of spokes. [emoji14]

Search Google images for 'achtec rf38'

I understand not everyone can spunk 1k on wheels, but there are people that can, do and will. :)

As I said before, I'm very open to offers.

Sorry I don't know either of the things that you used as a comparison [emoji15]

They must be things that people buy that have deeper pockets than me [emoji39]

I've yet to do a track day [emoji55] let alone one at such a level where forged lightweight rims will give me the split second edge above the competition .

Having a second glance at yours the spokes are a lot thinner and they're not as concave as my cheaper 6.9 kg rotas but You obviously know your rims better than me and I've only ever bought wheels that I just "like the look of"

There's 2 sets of expensive wheels for sale on here now ,so you're definitely right when you said that some people do have that sort of money to spend on rims

Unfortunately I don't have that sort of spare cash and to be honest if I did I'd snap up the nearly new rays with tyres as they're more my style preference .

Anyway I didn't intend on filling up your sale thread with negative comments (as we try not to encourage trolls on here)

I'm sure "they'll go straight in sombodies basket " Glwts fella

• Like 1

Sorry I don't know either of the things that you used as a comparison [emoji15]

Slips are rota slipstreams, and they're copies of Desmond regamasters. :)

Rota make perfectly good wheels, you made a good choice considering you only chose on looks. I chose slips on looks alone for my first track car, I lucked out and they were very light for cast wheels. It seems you've done the same with your boosts.

Thanks for your normal person comments. [emoji14]

• 4 weeks later...