Hey all,

I've got a Classic V1 STI Impreza and have got an aftermarket spoiler at the mo & just brought a new STI spoiler with clear break light, it's meant for this model and any between 93-00 but is there much to do or prepare?? Or is it just a bolt on like for like??

How easy is it to connect the brake light for this and where too??

Thanks in advance.

My uk turbo had a mid level spoiler with a brake light as standard which just plugged into a black plug that came off the loom near the boot light wiring. I think it had 2 nuts on either side holding it in place and a rubber "gasket" spacer to stop water ingress through the bolt holes .

Although the v1 sti's had midlevel spoilers I think my brv had to scotch block into the live wire that feeds the rear brake lights as they're wasn't a plug to run it's aftermarket boot spoiler with a brake light that was fitted to it when he bought it

now it's mine I fancied trying to get the v1 sti looking a bit more standard on the outside at least, so decided to switch spoilers .

The v3 spoiler came off easy Un plugged and Un bolted [emoji41]

Who ever fitted the aftermarket one to the v1 had used a ton of tiger seal to bond it to the boot lid , so I had to heat gun it off leaving residue all over the (now exposed) center of the boot lid

[emoji15]

Luckily the v1 and v3 are the same colour so I put the v3 boot lid and spoiler on the v1 ,changed the locks over and plugged it into the plug ,I think my brv wired in [emoji6]

So maybe check for a 2 pin black plug in the boot ,cross reference the bolt hole center measurements and check to see if the aftermarket one is bonded on or whether it has gaskets you can reuse.

unless you have gaskets sealing washers with the new spoiler

• Like 2

My uk turbo had a mid level spoiler with a brake light as standard which just plugged into a black plug that came off the loom near the boot light wiring. I think it had 2 nuts on either side holding it in place and a rubber "gasket" spacer to stop water ingress through the bolt holes .

Although the v1 sti's had midlevel spoilers I think my brv had to scotch block into the live wire that feeds the rear brake lights as they're wasn't a plug to run it's aftermarket boot spoiler with a brake light that was fitted to it when he bought it

now it's mine I fancied trying to get the v1 sti looking a bit more standard on the outside at least, so decided to switch spoilers .

The v3 spoiler came off easy Un plugged and Un bolted [emoji41]

Who ever fitted the aftermarket one to the v1 had used a ton of tiger seal to bond it to the boot lid , so I had to heat gun it off leaving residue all over the (now exposed) center of the boot lid

[emoji15]

Luckily the v1 and v3 are the same colour so I put the v3 boot lid and spoiler on the v1 ,changed the locks over and plugged it into the plug ,I think my brv wired in [emoji6]

So maybe check for a 2 pin black plug in the boot ,cross reference the bolt hole center measurements and check to see if the aftermarket one is bonded on or whether it has gaskets you can reuse.

unless you have gaskets sealing washers with the new spoiler

Your a good man!!

I'm sure I've seen a loose connector in the boot in the jack area, so could be that? I'll have a look when it arrives.....

When I brought it (the car) it came already with the aftermarket spoiler which had a brake light in already, which is bigger and taller than the standard mid-range one as standard, so hoping the wiring is there due to the old brake light got removed from the spoiler.

In the UK it was at the top near the passenger side boot hinge (black plug with 2 pins)

Tbh I preferred the v5/v6 sti rep spoiler

20141015_124612_zpsayiru9e_edit_14153867

But is was a bit rough and needed some paintwork . I want to put it back to preface before I get any paintwork done so decided to keep it looking more oe with the mid level

2015-07-25%2016.32.08_zps5n5tfain.png

That looks good, can't wait till I get mine on now!!!!

I've attached pics of the spoiler I have now, it's a nice looking one, it's just the brake light missing.......

I've got a few people nearby that can spray so hopefully will be able to get it done quickly and well.

I'll post the pics when it arrives and it's on the car

post-4439-0-61867900-1437980604_thumb.jp

post-4439-0-98867300-1437980631_thumb.jp