WRX 05 - How much bhp gain with remapping?

jbk

Hi all

I was wondering at what bhp figures I'd be looking at with just a remap on a standard wrx?

I'd prefer to just spend the money on a handling package, tyres, 4-5 track days a year to be honest.

Otherwise I've seen the choices available....for about 280 + bhp ..2000 pounds +!!!

Of course a bit more oomph is always welcome especially in the mid range.

Has anyone done just that and were the results satisfactory and most importantly trouble free in the long run?

High flow panel filter, exhaust & fuel pump will get you around the 270 mark from a td04 turbo, so roughly 45-50bhp increase, depends on what exhaust you go for price wise, but a grand is a ball park figure all in

the 05 wrx can get between 260 - 280 bhp from a remap (mine only made 263bhp with remap and exhaust). Depending on supporting mods, some can get 290-300bhp, but not often.

The main increase from a remap is midrange power and torque, the car is more drivable lowdown. the peak figure is just for bragging with. the midrange is what really matters :)

High flow panel filter, exhaust & fuel pump will get you around the 270 mark from a td04 turbo, so roughly 45-50bhp increase, depends on what exhaust you go for price wise, but a grand is a ball park figure all in

I did that (bought a second hand WR sport back box). I still have all cats and a remap made 272. Massive difference to standard, just such a smooth power delivery [emoji106]

Let me get this right...so If I keep all cats and exhaust standard and just do a remap the obtained figures are going to be around 250? maybe slightly more?

I'd suggest upgrading the backbox to a PPP or WR Sport, Only cost me £100 and fit a panel air filter £30. No point not doing those if you're paying £400+ for a remap. My mechanic suggested fuel pump just to be safe.

And you're looking at 260-275

I've already replaced the filter (K&N)...

Thanks for the info guys.

Any links for a PPP backbox (or anything proven similar) to order online?

Stants,

for 265-270? I've not decatted. I have all the standard cats....including the one the full PPP exhaust system doesn't have. and I have the graph to prove 272bhp :D 

Duncan from Racedynamic (mapped mine). He said he tends to get more bhp out of the later model Blobs than the earlier blobs and bugs. Wasn't sure why but thats what he tends to see. I think it's quite incredible you can buy a 10 year old scoob and it has the same bhp as when it left the factory.

Yes I used dunc but ad you say he does get better results out of new age. Have you decided to keep yours then?

Does the prodrive pack delete one cat and replaces the downpipe cat with a high flow cat ?

I've already replaced the filter (K&N)...

Thanks for the info guys.

Any links for a PPP backbox (or anything proven similar) to order online?

Something like...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-2007-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STi-Genuine-Prodrive-Backbox-exhaust-/171836844282?hash=item28024628fa

I'd keep an eye out on fleabay and the classifieds on here and other scooby sites...They very frequently come up for between £60-120

Or give Matty a call. He is a well known breaker of Scoobs. 

MB Developments 

unit 3 addenbrook street

darlaston,west midlands 

ws10 8hj

9AM TILL 5pmMON/FRI/9AM TILL 2PM SAT

USED/NEW PARTS HOTLINE 07785942237

Yes I used dunc but ad you say he does get better results out of new age. Have you decided to keep yours then?

Does the prodrive pack delete one cat and replaces the downpipe cat with a high flow cat ?

I decided to keep it until I move....and take a bit more equity out of the house to buy a better car than I can afford right now. So still got it mate :D I do really enjoy driving it still so not a hardship for me to keep it. Just been on a 3 week holiday and I'm like a little kid again...all excited to drive it 

I thought it just removed the downpipe but my memory isn't as good as it was :D

• Like 1

Mine was stock bar a high flow panel filter and a different back box, remapped to around 250, a decat down pipe and new fuel filter was my next step taking it to 260.

I then went STI VF35 turbo, pink injectors, decat up pipe and got to 315 (but i think with a better mapper i may have made more)

Mine was stock bar a high flow panel filter and a different back box, remapped to around 250, a decat down pipe and new fuel filter was my next step taking it to 260.

I then went STI VF35 turbo, pink injectors, decat up pipe and got to 315 (but i think with a better mapper i may have made more)

Out of interest what year was yours Chris?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you can damage maf with an oil covered filter, you can clean the maf to keep them going longer (vids online) or you can run maf less through a remap. I have a dry pipercross panel filter atm

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk