Do Subaru Foresters 2.0L 2010+ suffer from head gasket problems

Hello

I am new to the forum. I have been wanting to buy a Subaru Forester 2.0l N/A 2010-2013. The thing is iv read that subarus can get head gasket issues (especially in 2.5L N/A engine) does this problem apply to the model forester I am looking into buying. Many thanks :)

From what I've been told/understand... The 2.5s are more prone to it because they're the same size block with the piston bores honed out to the right size- ultimately leaving less gasket material which is what makes them more likely to go.

Although it's probably not as common as other cars that spring to mind when you think of headgasket a going. MG for instance.

Just make sure you check for all the usual signs, milky oil, oil in coolant, coppery colour to the coolant (K-seal or something similar) if you can, get a bit of the coolant on your or something for a while, if it's got anything else that could've been used to sort a blown gasket it'll start to solidify a bit; I appreciate you might look a bit strange doing it.

But again, with a 2L you shouldn't worry too much- good service history is more important than anything else. It usually sets the tone for the rest of the car. Hope you find what you're looking for!