Electrical problems on my classic PLEASE HELP!

cornish6544

So I've been driving my new impreza for about a week now and loving it but there is a problem with the locking and a few electrical things 

The key will only lock the drivers door all others have to be locked from the inside individually and no light flashes when it is locked 

the heater will come on and off randomly :s 

the door open light will come on and off randomly 

the usb charger will come on and off randomly 

Don't know much about the classic am still a learner when it comes to subarus so does anyone know what could be causing these problems its getting pretty frustrating now .

cheers , Brad

Imports don't Come with alarms standard so if may just be the way it works, do you have the two button key ?

May be worth taking the door cards off to see if there are any locking actuators attached or not ugged into the loom,

Does the door light work when you open the doors or just any time if feels like ?

Sounds like somone may have hacked into the loom at some point and made a mess of things, i'd also check the big fuses in the engine bay as they do corrode over time so could just be making contact randomly

Sounds like it could be an earthing problem, do you have a multi meter? Would help you out no end

It has a clifford alarm fitted but god knows when its an old one 

The door light works when the doors are open and sometimes when the doors are closed it will just randomly come on 

Ill double check all the main fuses and get the multi meter out , do you think that will tell me whats going wrong?

cheers Brad

Well if you test the feeds to the ciggy lighter & door lights may give you an idea if it's git an intermittent Fault and slowly work backwards from the fault to see if theres a break or bad earth somewhere

A clear earthing issue / wiring issue, I brought an alarm for my classic import V1 as it hasn't got one and the wiring system is confusing for sure, so got a local garage to sort mine out in case I wired something wrong and got your issues.... I would try and remove the alarm system or disconnect it and see if your still having the same problems.