Wanted shock (suspension)

Gavlp20

They would fit but you may have sagging issues at the rear due to different spring rates, what kind of budget do you have ? Theres a couple of threads on here about members doing the swap recently, either kyb's with custom springs or a pedders replacment set would be best option

It's bat of a minefield some people say ok others recomend a spacer block inbetween the topmount and body, personally I found that the !Removed! dropped by an inch or two again as my forester weighs around 60kg more at the rear than the same year impreza wagon

Just been speaking to my local scooby garage he said around 20mm drop he as a set of sti of an 04 he could do for £220. Think is only had the car a week did not notice them when I got it and it's like driving a boat at the moment.

Boo [emoji26] didn't realise mine were that bad until I removed the spring spacers then it all went saggy,

The difference between mine and the wagon is 160kg in total so not sure what yours weighs compared to the equivalent year impreza

You can buy new KYB struts & springs with 2yr warranty for around £200 (strut/shock £53 each, Springs £91 pair). Impreza springs sag a fair bit as they softer & ride height spec on forester is completely different.

thread with link to struts & springs below>

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/7216-2005-forester-xt-rear-sls-unit-leaking/

I was going to change front and back for a lower ride . Are you just talking about replacing the back ones ?

I read somewhere that's the weight is 50kg

I had the wrx wagon before this was hoping I could get it too a similar drive .

Cheers for all the help.

I would go with KYB exel Gs at £53 each on the rear (damping rates are higher on these over standard), add some custom springs from springcoil spec'd slightly higher rate than standard & dropped 25-35mm at most. custom springs front & rear would probably be around £230. It will be all new, vehicle will sit right without hassle & it will handle far better.

You will notice a night & day difference with just bad SLS removed so adding cutsom spec springs improves things a little more, done the odd XT with springcoil sourced springs & always been impressed with end results.

Do what Mr B says. You won't be disappointed. I put the KYB shocks with KYB springs and the ride is nice and sharp without being harsh. The car is used by wife too so didn't want to destroy the ride comfort. I've got a 21mm STi rear ARB lined up to go in now to help with the handling; I'm just trying to work out which mounts to get STi ones or Whiteline ones, but that's for a separate thread ;)