Windows 10 & gp pro compatibility issues

Just done the free 10 upgrade from win 7

The gp studio always had trouble opening in 7 and ran a bit slow, thought 10 may be the answer, now the studio opens 1st time and runs sweet, but I can't even play 720p @50fps anymore, media player won't play the avi files either after they've been through the studio suite, QuickTime just about works but it's pants. Do I need some additional codecs or am I missing something ?

Managed to work out that win 10 has removed the media centre and replaced it with a crap copy of media player that isn't able to play avi files, as comes up with missing codecs error, old player you used to be able to check boxes or find a patch.

Also my vln player has stopped working so it must have removed a lot of stuff to stop it all working,

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to get the codec packs from or suggestions to a decent media player that will play avi files

Not had any issues I still have media player too. Just right click the file and open with, should be on the list. Works fine for me also. I use VLC player for most stuff though. Not sure if that what you mean about VLN. But I'd reinstall it. Also check you gcard drivers are up to date and using Win10 drivers

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en_GB.html

Cheers fella, my auto correct is almost as bad as yours ment vlc haha

Even tried quick time but is's no better I'll have a look on my lunch when I have some peace &quiet.

Should really look at just buying a proper desk top with loads of memory and good graphics card

I've always had a desktop had net-books laptops and so on. And if they break easier to fix a desktop or upgrade. I had stopped playing games on them until recently :D But best thing to have imho :)

Only had laptop cos to hard to fap and hold tablet at same time, [emoji52] I don't really use anything other than phone &tablet these days, no idea what's what either as appears to be so much choice,

All I want is to be able to watch & edit films save them that's it

• Like 1

Should be able to get a good pc for film editing for few hundred quid with a screen. But depends how quick you want it to run. I've just gone and bought an i7 !Removed! quick but not cheap. But I've just started playing games on pc again too so felt it was worth having. Had the i5 that would do videos quick too but still might be more than you need.

I use my phone. Hate tablets and Ipads they annoy me lol.

Well I'm tempted to run the tv as a screen nit to fussed about quality, have a couple of small Samsung smart tv's that should do the job,

What the hell is i5 & i7 ? So not clued up with anything these days, my laptop has a fair amount of ram and what not just the graphics card only runs at 1.4 gig which is letting me down,

I guess I need a fair bit of ram good graphics card, good processor 4gig ish ? And not much else, maybe a cheeky solid state HD too ?

i7 and i5 is the predecessors I'd say best two out at the minute. I'd say best bet would to either get someone to build you one or you can look at the pre-mades like at Argos say with not knowing loads about them. I have an old duel-core pc in my car with 8 gig of ram and another one with 12gig on the tv in the front room used like a media PC ok for watching movies with but can never get it to fit the screen if you up the scale to 1080p :( 

Cool well my folks friends own a computer shop and my best mate is an it geek that writes programmes for solicitors so I'll pester him for a bit then take the specs down to the shop see what kind of deal I can get done

• Like 1

Best way to do it mate. And if you tell your mate what you want it for he'll tell you what sort of spec to go for. If you not playing games on it I wouldn't worry about the graphics card. But if you do that is where the cost bumps up.

Downloaded a codec pack and I'm able to see the old videos now vlc player is refusing to play anything now but the one I converted last night still won't play so I'll go back and re edit and see what happens and what it saves it as

Ah well re installed gp suite vcl player and a couple of codec packs, I now have the option to play through ' classic media player' works fine apart form no sound hahaha. Gave up last night but I can't be far off so will have another crack later

Yeah can get like that lol. I've upgraded both pics too 10 now not had any issue's yet. Going to do the two older pcs too. But all I can think is yours is driver issue's

Could be a bios update. But would have thought it would only give hardware issue's more. So don't think you will need to look at that.