Burning oil/rubber smell when going high speeds only

Recently got a 2011 WRX STI type UK it's my first Subaru and first turbo and AWD car so I thought I'd take it for drive to see what it can do, it's 100% stock. I made sure the engines nice and hot before I floored it and when I started getting near the top end I could smell an oily/rubbery smell it seemed to come through the vents so when I got back I looked it over and couldn't see any oil leaks or anything, any one have any ideas? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Possibly cam cover gaskets weeping ? Usually the o/s one as it's close to the downpipe and gets hot and perishes, have a look between the airbox and side of engine, directly down you'll see some oily residue on the up pipe if it is weeping

• Like 2

Possibly cam cover gaskets weeping ? Usually the o/s one as it's close to the downpipe and gets hot and perishes, have a look between the airbox and side of engine, directly down you'll see some oily residue on the up pipe if it is weeping

If it is what you said, is it a serious problem? Or just wear and tear etc....

Sent from my iphone

It's a pig of a job so if your handy with the spanners it's under fifty quid for both sets of gaskets and half moons. But expect lots of swearing and pain, if you can't be arsed then it's roughly an hours labour.