Sat Nav in forester 2.5xt

mantis147

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I got !Removed! off with mine too - maps out of date, very slow, kept defaulting to Belgium for some reason.

I removed the original display and the DVD drive/box in the glovebox and fitted a Garmin Nuvi 65.

2j46d7t.jpg

It fits nicely with a bit of fetling, used the windscreen suction cup stuck to a bracket I made from a bent piece of aluminium araldited to the top of the original satnav pod. Fitted a cigar lighter in-line plug to the original display's cable and used the original Garmin car charger.

It switches on and off with the ignition and works MUCH better than the original. Got a load of space back in my glovebox too :-)

HTH

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve, funny enough I was looking at sat Navs in halfords to see if that was a possibility. My ideal is a nexus 7 install but not totally sure how difficult that's going to be. Thanks for sharing anyway!

Cheers Lee.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Should be fairly easy there's a couple people done it already, Gambit has a full pc wired up i'm his !

the hardest part is getting it to look 'propper' in my opinion

Hi stants, yes that's the other issue trying to make it look like it's came from the factory with it installed. I'm having a mare trying to sort a Bluetooth obd2 reader too the elm327 one I got won't work and I'm having difficulty finding a compatible one as this will be running through the nexus 7 ideally!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...