Garaged and MOT tomorrow

Dino

Well, my Scooby WRX  2.5 turbo '57 plate has been garaged for two months since loosing my job.

The MOT is due tomorrow. So I trickled a little oil in it today and it started first time! No fault codes showing either when checked which is real cool. All light bulbs working too. Wow - solid car!

Is there anything I should look out for otherwise before I go for the MOT tomorrow?

Cheers.

Cheers guys. Tyres are a worry. Recon it could be touch and go on these, but I'm prepared to buy two new ones on the rear cos its better being safe than sorry afterwards.

If it fails (praying), is there a two week time period after the MOT expiration date to get it fixed up, or is it off road after the MOT expiration date if it fails? Anyone know?

Cheers

All that was needed was a pair of new pads, but got a pair on both sides at the front. The caliper had not seized, but the pads were so low on the front right causing the caliper piston to stay pushed out causing the binding on the disc. Cleaned up right front caliper and all is good now. And the car now uses less fuel lol. Got a new MOT too.

Yeah, I feared the dreaded piston sticking thing. Here's a tip though. Clean the pushed out piston with some Silicon lubricant spray and wind it in and out a few times to loosen up. If there's rust on the piston, clean it off only in that patch with fine dry wet & dry and blow off all the dust then spray before winding.