STI 2015 Performance

stubbsey

Had the new car for 3 weeks now, but believe it would be much better with a further 40BHP or so (at this stage).

As Japan are not allowing the Pro R up-grade, Im interested to know who has changed the exhaust set up, re-map, induction.......... and how that sits with maintaining warranty?

Any advise / experience greatly appreciated!!

thanks alot

I started with a milltek cat back which I bought through my dealer and I've just added the hi flow cat and downpipe with a remap from scoobyclinic. The dealer said the cat back is OK but any further is dodgy with the warranty. I gained 37 bhp but got 75ftlb torque and 100 ftlb more in the midrange and the car is awesome now.

• Like 2

Thanks. Yes was going to start with the Milltek catback as I think that doesnt void the warranty and a claimed 15bhp. I thought a remap voids the warranty?

Are you happy with the sound?

Yea it probably will but I went for it anyway. I don't know if the cat back will give any more power but milltek are bound to claim that it does but they look good and sound great, not too loud and the car isn't much louder at idle but you can hear the boxer sound and it's just right when you put your foot down. I've had my cat back on since the car was brand new and I'd say it's a must have as the cars have no sound at all without it. When I took mine for the remap they done a base run with just the cat back and it made 286bhp and 275ftlb on BP ultimate fuel. I then added the downpipe and cat a perrin induction kit and the remap and it went to 323bhp and 350ftlb. They said I probably would have had an extra 10bhp if I had done it with Shell v power but I can't get it anywhere near me so it was pointless mapping the car for that fuel.
  • Like 2

You can see I got a big gain in torque at about 3500rpm onwards you can really feel the difference there and the car is a lot more responsive

That's a big increase in midrange, over 100 lb/ft B)

I gained 50lb and thought that was a massive difference, 100 lb difference must be WOW :)

• 2 weeks later...

Still worth badgering Subaru UK to get the Pro R 340 up-grade approved by Japan!!

Basically the same engine that has been approved on the last few years models, and it means you keep your Subaru warranty!!

surely it can only be a matter of time?

Still worth badgering Subaru UK to get the Pro R 340 up-grade approved by Japan!!

Basically the same engine that has been approved on the last few years models, and it means you keep your Subaru warranty!!

surely it can only be a matter of time?

so why won't they approve it in the UK ? Seems crazy

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Facebook Subaru uk about getting a approved upgrade and this was their response

I am sorry to inform you we do not offer nor approve performance upgrades for the 2015 model Impreza STi

Yours sincerely Adrian Hogg

So doesn't look as they'll be offering anything !

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Well as I set of home from night shift this morning I had an evo 10 of all cars following me out of work. He obviously wanted to play as he was right on my back bumper. There's a roundabout on my trip home that goes onto a big hill climb with 2 lanes going uphill which is often used by locals to see what speed you can get at the top. Well it was pretty much neck and neck until above 90 where my car just started to slowly open the gap. He even moved into the second lane early thinking he was gonna beat me :) don't think the outcome would have been as pleasing for me without the remap

• Like 3